Game Day Round 1, 2023 - Port Adelaide vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm slowly heading towards bring Lyons back bandwagon

Disappear Homer Simpson GIF

Richy has looked all at sea, way too hesitant and slow, like he was for most of last season... he is not alone in this game though.
I still think we have probably moved past him, regardless of what he or others have or haven’t done in this game. His positives don’t outweigh his negatives anymore IMO. You can’t question his commitment and effort though.

Rich has been one of our very few better players, so much for him being phased out through the year
I'm sorry
I cannot agree
Rich is so loose it's ridiculous.
You need a 1 on 1 defender.
Something Rich lacks unfortunately, goes kick chasing far too often and I know teams are aware and exploit that constantly.
Get Rich out of the backline, that's the first thing Fagan has to do.

Good chance next week for the midfield to bounce back straight away against a team that’s beaten us like this over the past couple of years.
I’m not really angry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just hypostasizing as we look so flat in the third Q, is it a possibility that training in that heat at Springfield left us a bit flat?

That was disgusting, putrid, insipid weak effort. You can’t set the tone for your season like that.we wont have a bloke with a bruise on them besides their inflated egos.

Just hypostasizing as we look so flat in the third Q, is it a possibility that training in that heat at Springfield left us a bit flat?

Nah the ball wasn't sticking at all since first quarter. Once a lot of one touch play went out the window, players like Ashcroft became very unsure. Port players were zipping around us with aplomb which was deflating us even more. Free kicks sort of kept us in at that point.

The thing that I felt weird is Port is usually considered flat track bullies and downhill skiing mob. If you go 1on1 and tighten them up, there's always a chance of them returning the ball back and us winning the contest. We didn't try any defensive play at all and there was free players for Port pretty much everywhere. Such a weird game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back