Autopsy Round 1, 2023: St.Kilda v Fremantle *PHILLIPOU, CAMINITI DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

What Western Australian bush league did they drag #25 from?
Love that you put Western Australian in there. It just comes naturally to associate bush league types with WA. I know a few on here.

Watching Caminiti at the ground last night really impressed me. His attack on the ball was quite ferocious, and the only thing that really stopped him from taking 3-4 grabs in the forward 50 was his relative size difference to the Freo defenders. He demonstrated a decent ability to read the flight of the ball and time his runs, but the Fremantle defence was able to disrupt his line with their bigger bodies and prevent the clean path and jump. His attack on the ball seemed to be equally matched once it hit the deck, which impressed further.

Would like to see him in the side with two of King, Membrey and Hayes also occupying the forward 50. Most sides would lack the key defensive capacity to afford to place such a defender on Caminiti; in which case, we will get a better glimpse of his capabilities once he puts on some size.

It's only 1 game, I know, but you can't ask for much more from such a raw player on debut.

Centre bounce attendances

Marshall 20 (5 clearances)
Steele 18 (5)
Crouch 13 (4)
Bytel 13 (3)
Clark 8 (4)
Gresham 8 (0)
Clark extremely efficient with his CBA to clearance ratio.

Interesting, considering his size is traditionally not conducive to success in the central midfielder role. Will love to see how this plays out as he expands his game time and (hopefully) CBA numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely just had to look up what he ended up with.

19 touches
******* hell, surprised he even had that many. I was expecting a Windhager-on-Kelly type performance, in the single digits.

Clark extremely efficient with his CBA to clearance ratio.

Interesting, considering his size is traditionally not conducive to success in the central midfielder role. Will love to see how this plays out as he expands his game time and (hopefully) CBA numbers.
Also worth noting that Byrnes also had 4 clearances despite not going to any centre bounces.

If he can continue his form like that then he will probably earn himself some midfield time.

We all think differently. I can’t change what I said about billings before he was injured so I’m not changing now. I’m just about 180 degrees the other way. Dal whilst a much better player than billings grew unbelievably under lyin and he has basically said he credits Lyon for his successful career. Anyway unfortunately for billings he will be a long way behind the 8 ball when he is back so he may not get time this year to prove much at all.
Look at how much better a supposed soft Hill looked in a Lyon coached team. Billings will be the same.
AFL 360 is always good watching. I, for one, like Robbo, quintessentially Aussie Rules tragic and understands the average supporter.
He said something tonight about us. Reckoned the kids will think Lyon is a genius the way he got the team up with 9 down and flogged a side looking at top four. Said this is what team confidence and belief in the coach and themselves is built on.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
******* hell, surprised he even had that many. I was expecting a Windhager-on-Kelly type performance, in the single digits.
I hand on heart.

Didn’t notice him once at the ground.

I did notice Stocker and watching the game back, I thought he was even better.

19 touches. 85% DE, 8 rebound 50s. 1 clearance.

👏

I hand on heart.

👏
Yeah on the telly I noticed O'Meara once but that's only because he took a mark in their D50 and the commentary got a couple seconds to talk about his move to Freo. Last I saw of him.

Stocker was great for someone we plucked out of thin air late. Seemed pretty dependable and a smart user of the footy.

Only the AFL could come up with the idea of adding more of them when the ones they have are a blight on the game. Throwing another low grade ump on the ground just gives them more to chances to * it up.
You know what the problem is. When play is at the far end of the ground the 4th umpire is standing in the 50 at the other end. There's no way they can make an accurate decision. They may as well sit in the crowd when the ball is that far away.

Yeah on the telly I noticed O'Meara once but that's only because he took a mark in their D50 and the commentary got a couple seconds to talk about his move to Freo. Last I saw of him.

Stocker was great for someone we plucked out of thin air late. Seemed pretty dependable and a smart user of the footy.
One or two less cans a quarter, boys. Makes all the difference.

I hand on heart.

👏
He's a really nice kick. Love his 20m precision passes.

We looked like a different side moving the ball out from kick outs. He's a really nice option to get involved in a kicking chain.

Stocker has campaigner in him too. Underrated trait IMO
How's Caminiti rubbing Brayshaw's face in the dirt with his elbow on the wing early on? Bit of agro always good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back