MVP Round 1, 2023: Votes vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Shannon Hurn
4. Luke Shuey
3. Reuben Ginbey
2. Liam Ryan
1. Jamaine Jones

I'd have Shuey top, but him taking the ball off Ginbey lining up for his first goal to proceed to then completely shank it straight to a norf defender probably cost us the game.
There were plenty of moments that probably cost us the game.
Oscar missing from a meter
Cripps trying to kick a goal out of his date instead handballing to someone in the clear
The ump paying a kicking in danger free cos the footy hit a blokes hand
Oscar and Jack missing set shots
Gaff missing a simple shot from 30 out
Numerous turnovers in the backline that led to goals etc etc

Well that was hard to watch and hard to give votes for, but lets have a go

5 Shuey
4 Ginbey
3 Jones
2 Ryan
1 Hurn

Last edited:
5. Ryan
4. Shuey
3. Jones
2. Gov
1. Ginbey

HM - Darling.
DM - Williams and Sheed’s insipid first half.

Weird game. We didn't deserve to win but really should have. People talk down the importance of a good ruckman and maybd they're right (I don't think they are, but can see their point to.a degree) but what we did see today was how detrimental it is to have poor ruckman.

Jamieson is a work in progress but sadly, I just don't see Bailey Williams making it. Both of them got panstsed by a makeshift ruckman.

Liam Ryan was our most exciting player but he got pantsed by Sheezel about a dozen times.

5 - Luke Shuey
4 - Jamine Jones
3 - Jeremy McGovern
2 - Liam Ryan
1 - Reuben Ginbey

5...Shuey
4...Ryan
3...Ginbey
2...J Jones
1...Hurn

HM...McGovern / Hunt
A vote for competent tackling and match long effort (Ginbey) was the highlight for me.

Jamieson is a work in progress but sadly, I just don't see Bailey Williams making it. Both of them got panstsed by a makeshift ruckman.
Given they’re both the same age, shouldn’t Bailey also be a ‘work in progress’?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Liam Ryan
4. Luke Shuey
3. Jamaine Jones
2. Reuben Ginbey
1. Shannon Hurn

Surprised by the McGovern love on here. At the ground it looked like he was having a brain fart every other minute.
Agreed. Looks good on the stat sheet but he struggled to impact contests as an extra, constantly misread the flight of the ball, dropped a bunch of marks that he should have taken, and both he and Barrass were way too unaccountable.

5- Shuey: Ran hard all day, found plenty of the ball, and used it well with attacking intent
4- Ryan: Quiet first half, but worked his way into the game and managed to have a massive impact with his skills and class
3- Jones: Looked dangerous around the ball, and managed to stay impactful throughout the match
2- McGovern: Dominated the air for much of the game and used it well out of defence. A few forgettable moments bring him down a touch, but still amoung our best
1- Duggan: A touch controversial perhaps, but I thought he looked clean and confident coming off the hbf, and opened up the game at times with some much needed creativity
HM: Ginbey, Long, Allen, Sheed, Hurn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back