Oppo Camp Round 1 AFL Other Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

I took it to mean that the offensive tactic of out scoring your opponent is the best defensive tactic.
If that’s incorrect, please correct it.
I took it to mean that a team should be built on offence firstly. Clearly there have been many successful teams built on defence first.

How did Tom Phillips play?

Really?

I love it. Reminds me of 90’s footy.

If teams don’t adopt a game style to take advantage of it, they will be beaten by lesser talented teams, who do.

I.e Geelong today.

It looks bizarre.

As long as you're behind the mark.. should be free to do as you please. I'm hoping they scrap it. It just doesn't resemble football. The opportunity to outwit your opponent is gone.. for both blokes. Thought it was a great part of our game. It was like a game of cat and mouse. That skill is gone now. Gives the bloke with the pill far too much of an advantage. The penalty for infringement is too severe.

Tom Phillips will have a long career as a very serviceable player....unreal his gone Tbh.

So get used to it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. Wasn't this the same Jaidyn who everyone bagged non stop in game day threads last year.
He didn't get 10 possessions in a quarter last year. People were rightly frustrated with his performances, doesn't mean they wanted him gone. Even if he doesn't become a superstar he's surely better than our 22nd player each week. Should be playing for us.

He didn't get 10 possessions in a quarter last year. People were rightly frustrated with his performances, doesn't mean they wanted him gone. Even if he doesn't become a superstar he's surely better than our 22nd player each week. Should be playing for us.

People were calling him soft as butter and shouldn't play another game for the club. That was the reason I don't go in Game Day threads anymore. Toxic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back