U18 Champs Round 1 - Allies vs Vic Country

Remove this Banner Ad

baldi was everywhere, vision was excellent, he had a couple of turnovers but looked in the best easy. ash was himself again, driving, creating, kemp was excellent across half back with young also continuing to impress and josh smith keeps dong the right things also. green was great at stoppages but didnt go to beast mode, maybe not interested today, oniell was ok, buderick kept trying as did cumberland and gulden, although gulden for next year needs to learn that his right foot isn't just there to keep him from falling over.

I would not be shocked if Young ends up being one of the top talents from this draft. He certainly impressed me the most with his game style.

I’m looking at him and thinking that if gcs end up with pick 2 should Rowell be the sure thing? Cause young would be perfect for gcs. Maybe I would pick Rowell but young... * I wouldn’t want to choose. Gcs need to trade for pick 3.

I want to see Country against a better opposition, would love to get a replay of the Metro game.

Playing Ash, Kemp, Young.... running around the back half was just annoying. I want to see some of them in the guts more often showing their ability.

Young > Ash > Kemp for mine in order of impressive ability.

I’m looking at him and thinking that if gcs end up with pick 2 should Rowell be the sure thing? Cause young would be perfect for gcs. Maybe I would pick Rowell but young... **** I wouldn’t want to choose. Gcs need to trade for pick 3.

On my limited viewing and knowledge, not sure I would pick anyone infront of Young.

Serong is entering the pick 1 conversation with his 2 championship performances.

Baldi's stocks are also rising

Ash and Young are high quality half backs

Weightman and Cahill are high quality sml forws

Flanders is just behind Serong as far as being tough, strong and they both seem to win the majority of contests

Hollands is one of the best talls, should be top 5 for 2020

as for the Allies, O'Neill is a quality kick/handball especially under pressure, Green just wins a lot of tough contests, although today he wasnt as influential, Davis and Thorne also had good games, but the Allies had too many not doing enough.

Last edited:
I want to see Country against a better opposition, would love to get a replay of the Metro game.

Playing Ash, Kemp, Young.... running around the back half was just annoying. I want to see some of them in the guts more often showing their ability.

Young > Ash > Kemp for mine in order of impressive ability.

Really annoyed at seeing Kemp in the backs. Kemp has gamebreaking ability in the guts but is pushed to defence due to a lack of height in country. Is painful

I’m looking at him and thinking that if gcs end up with pick 2 should Rowell be the sure thing? Cause young would be perfect for gcs. Maybe I would pick Rowell but young... **** I wouldn’t want to choose. Gcs need to trade for pick 3.
Very likely with GWS depend on where essendon end up.

best players imo
1. Serong - was very strong in the contests, won a heap of hard ball with clean hands, kicked 3 goals as a forw/mid
2. Baldi - was involved in a tonne of play, clean hands and good disposal
3. Ash - played at a high level again this week, high marking, goes for runs, his kicking is quality, decision making quality, he ticks a lot of boxes
4. Hollands - he is getting better every game i see him play, he always has great hands marking-wise, but now he is picking the ball up 1 handed and snagging good goals, whereas his accuracy was an issue earlier in the season, set up a bunch of goals this week
5. Flanders - again was tough and played well, but not game breaking like last week, when the ball goes in his area he just wins most contests
6. Young - again played a great game off of half back, intercept marking is a strength, he and Ash are real weapons from defence
7. Weightman - kicked 4 goals, had a good game being a target in the forw line, his first goal where he kicked it from a marking contst on the goal line near the boundary was a good highlight
8. O'Neill - got involved a lot in the play, used the ball very well, was one of the few winners for the Allies
9. Green - tried hard all game, VC put some big tackles on him all game and he struggled to get as many clean clearances as he usually does, but when he got free he gave his team mates room to kick the ball
10. L.Williams - his kicking and speed on the wing were a positive, he did make a couple of errors, but his positives over shadowed a couple of errors and finished with a goal and a few assists

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back