B-White Joyce Rice
HB-Patton Clavarino McKenzie
C-Langlands Long Barclay-Miller
HF-Weller Goddard Wright
F-Marshal Joyce Austin

R-Pierce, Gilbert, Minchington.

Saints for pick one in the super draft.
Sandy to win the VFL Flag.
I didn't know we had 2 Joyce's.. and where is that Irish guy Ray Connellan or something.

image.jpeg
B-White Joyce Rice
HB-Patton Clavarino McKenzie
C-Langlands Long Barclay-Miller
HF-Weller Goddard Wright
F-Marshal Connellan Austin

R-Pierce, Gilbert, Minchington.

Saints for pick one in the super draft.
Sandy to win the VFL Flag.

Erm excuse me Huperson Person

Watched the first quarter and Hickey had about 4 clear hitouts to advantage against the best Ruckman in Gawn. Gawn started doing well when he was on Bruce for about a 4 min period apart from that Hickey equalled him or bettered him and could have had a goal as well. Looked at thr stats and Hickey played pretty much the full first quarter and the 4 minutes he rested were in inside the forward 50 were he marked on the lead and had that shot. He finished around 55% game time which was interesting (very low).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the first quarter and Hickey had about 4 clear hitouts to advantage against the best Ruckman in Gawn. Gawn started doing well when he was on Bruce for about a 4 min period apart from that Hickey equalled him or bettered him and could have had a goal as well. Looked at thr stats and Hickey played pretty much the full first quarter and the 4 minutes he rested were in inside the forward 50 were he marked on the lead and had that shot. He finished around 55% game time which was interesting (very low).
Hickey played the first half, Marshall played the second half. Both had positives and negatives. Still think it’s Longers spot to lose after last year. If Billy is fit, he should get the nod.

Hickey played the first half, Marshall played the second half. Both had positives and negatives. Still think it’s Longers spot to lose after last year. If Billy is fit, he should get the nod.

Hickey from 2 years ago is imo way ahead of longer from last year. It was well documented that he had an interrupted pre season and was injured/carried something throughout the year that needed surgery. I think if given the opportunity again, Hickey will be back to his 2016 form.

Hickey from 2 years ago is imo way ahead of longer from last year. It was well documented that he had an interrupted pre season and was injured/carried something throughout the year that needed surgery. I think if given the opportunity again, Hickey will be back to his 2016 form.
I like your optimism, but with the ruck rule changes I just don’t think we’ll ever get Hickey back to 2016 form where we relied on third man hitouts a lot.

Never said he won't get a game or doesn't deserve one, but if we are going on what Iv seen in the pre season he needs a spell. I hope he comes back and better for it.
If you’re going on Preseason how does Stevens get a gig ahead of Newnes? Really hope that doesn’t happen.

I like your optimism, but with the ruck rule changes I just don’t think we’ll ever get Hickey back to 2016 form where we relied on third man hitouts a lot.
Hickey is a pretty smart customer when it comes to footy IQ. Due to him being considerably weaker I think he took longer to adapt to the rule changes than most. He even said it himself that he spent a fair bit of time working on his lower body strength while injured. Time will tell I guess.

Last edited:
If you’re going on Preseason how does Stevens get a gig ahead of Newnes? Really hope that doesn’t happen.
I think Armo back makes Stevens redundant.

Best 22 – round one
B: Dylan Roberton, Nathan Brown, Jarryn Geary
HB: Nick Coffield, Jake Carlisle, Jimmy Webster
C: Jack Newnes, Jack Steele, Jack Sinclair
HF: Blake Acres, Josh Bruce, Jack Billings
F: Tim Membrey, Paddy McCartin, Jade Gresham
R: Billy Longer, Seb Ross, Jack Steven
I/C: David Armitage, Shane Savage, Koby Stevens, Sam Gilbert

Emerg: Hunter Clark, Luke Dunstan, Tom Hickey, Mav Weller

AFL Best Team for us!!!

Best 22 – round one
B: Dylan Roberton, Nathan Brown, Jarryn Geary
HB: Nick Coffield, Jake Carlisle, Jimmy Webster
C: Jack Newnes, Jack Steele, Jack Sinclair
HF: Blake Acres, Josh Bruce, Jack Billings
F: Tim Membrey, Paddy McCartin, Jade Gresham
R: Billy Longer, Seb Ross, Jack Steven
I/C: David Armitage, Shane Savage, Koby Stevens, Sam Gilbert

Emerg: Hunter Clark, Luke Dunstan, Tom Hickey, Mav Weller

AFL Best Team for us!!!
so gilbert gets another run , when his form has been below par - would rather give marshall a run
dunstan should be in the team as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back