Prediction Round 1 Best 22 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Because I need something to tide me over until trade period.
Based purely who's on our list:

FB: Geary - Brown - Webster
HB: Roberton - Carlisle - Savage
C: Newnes - Ross - Sinclair
HF: Billings - Bruce - Gresham
FF: Weller - McCartin - Membrey
R: Longer - Dunstan - Steven
I: Gilbert - Steele - Acres - Armitage (Stevens if Armo is cooked)
From my original post 7 months ago, and my last post a couple days ago:
Out: Gilbert and Weller
In: Coffield and Clark

Still believe Gilbo will play (even though I don’t want him to) as we structure up better when Gilbo plays 2nd ruck & Bruce stays forward.

Not sure who plays 2nd ruck if Gilbo doesn’t play. I really don’t want Bruce doing it as it gasses him too much & effects his forward game too much.

Who else would you play there if it isn’t Gilbo or Bruce?

Still believe Gilbo will play (even though I don’t want him to) as we structure up better when Gilbo plays 2nd ruck & Bruce stays forward.

Not sure who plays 2nd ruck if Gilbo doesn’t play. I really don’t want Bruce doing it as it gasses him too much & effects his forward game too much.

What kind of player can play ruck, KPD and as a mid to some effect? No one, bar Gilbert. He is extremely versatile.

I think we’ll go with Bruce as our part time ruck, at least to start the season.

The only other option is Marshall, but he’d have to play at the expense of Bruce or McCartin or possibly Membrey. Which ain’t going to happen.

No JB just knocks people out for fun.

B: Dylan Roberton, Nathan Brown, Jarryn Geary
HB: Nick Coffield, Jake Carlisle, Jimmy Webster
C: Jack Newnes, Jack Steele, Jack Sinclair
HF: Blake Acres, Josh Bruce, Jack Billings
F: Tim Membrey, Paddy McCartin, Jade Gresham
R: Billy Longer, Seb Ross, Jack Steven
I/C: David Armitage, Shane Savage, Luke Dunstan, Sam Gilbert

Emerg: Hunter Clark, Koby Stevens, Tom Hickey, Mav Weller

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Acres

If our hands are tied and Bruce has to be that relief ruckman, I hope to god our stoppage game has improved considerably (I hope it’s improved anyway obviously) because I feel like I only have really terrible memories of what happens when Billy/Hickey need a breather.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Longer and Hickey play in the same team? Hickey rotating forward and ruck.. has the fitness.. would mean one of Bruce or Membrey plays a very high half forward. Gilbert out.

Can Longer and Hickey play in the same team? Hickey rotating forward and ruck.. has the fitness.. would mean one of Bruce or Membrey plays a very high half forward. Gilbert out.

I think Marshall would work better, he seems more natural as a forward than Hicks and his athleticism seems better.

Only if our aim is to lose. Same with Marshall. I still don't see what the issue is with who is our second ruckman. The tigers took the piss last year but still won the flag. Aparm from Gresham I think anyone could do it. Maybe tough for the 2 young guys I suppose.

Only if our aim is to lose. Same with Marshall. I still don't see what the issue is with who is our second ruckman. The tigers took the piss last year but still won the flag. Aparm from Gresham I think anyone could do it. Maybe tough for the 2 young guys I suppose.
Beveridge started it with Jong in their premiership season. Essentially against the 2nd ruck lose the hit out but win the ground ball with an extra midfielder at the contested. Proof of having the biggest ruck and winning has been around for ages, Sandilands while finishing hit outs is well down on to advantage numbers, relying heavily on the midfielders to win the contest and extract the ball. This is why Martin from the lions is so good, perfectly mixes a midfielder and genuine ruck together.

Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

Back