Round 1 Best and Fairest Results

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looking through the list of people who have voted, I think all the regulars have cast their votes. The results are:

Stevens - 71 (5 points)
Grant - 40 (4)
Harris - 35 (3)
McCartney - 20 (2)
Colbert - 4 (1)
Blakey - 3
Burton - 3
McKernan - 3
Archer - 1

The leader board naturally looks like:

1. Stevens (5)
2. Grant (4)
3. Harris (3)
4. McCartney (2)
5. Colbert (1)

These are the figures as at 5pm, Tuesday April 3. No more votes will be accepted.

Interestingly, more people voted here than on the official forum (30 to 23). And in case BT was wondering, yes, we did include your votes.

[This message has been edited by Shinboners (edited 03 April 2001).]

Seat, it's 3-2-1 every week for us to vote individually, and then the 5 best players (as voted collecively) are voted 5-4-3-2-1 for the season tally. Hope that makes sense.

Shinners, I do have one question...

What if the votes for one match are so clear-cut that only three or four players feature in everybody's votes? Admittedly this doesn't happen very often*, and would probably only happen when the side wins by a huge margin and couple of players stand out with 35 touches and one bloke kicks 10 goals. Maybe that's not likely for this year, but you never know...
*Last instance I can recall would have been in Rd 2, 1990 when Longmire kicked 12, German kicked 5 and Rock had 30+ touches. Almost every media scribe voted them 3-2-1 for the game and I agreed.

Just to expand on what Darky wrote, everyone here votes 3-2-1. I add up all the total votes, and the highest vote getter gets 5 points, the next 4, then 3 etc. etc. The reason why we do this is that each week, a different number of people vote and this is one way of making sure that each week is of equal value to the following week.

Also, but giving points to the top 5 players, it allows more recognition for more players (usually, you'll find there's one or two standout players and a bunch of very good contributors).

As for Darky's question, well, this voting system doesn't allow for your scenario. But on the official forum last year after the final against Essendon where most people felt that there were only three good players for our side (McCartney, King, Bell), there were enough people voting who voted for other players to get a list of 5. It's just a quirk of the system.

Thanks for the clarification guys. No probs!
cool.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back