Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill
Box Hill Hawks vs. Werribee Tigers
Saturday 10th April
Box Hill City Oval at 2.00pm

Box Hill and Werribee begin their 2010 seasons battling it out for the beyondblue Cup.

Statistically it is the 2nd ever time both teams play for the beyondblue Cup which was first introduced in Round 4 2009.

Beyondblue is a national, independent, not-for-profit organisation working to address issues associated with depression, anxiety and related substance misuse disorders in Australia.
http://www.boxhillhawks.com.au/news-read.aspx?NewsId=581
The complete preview can be found at the link, click away and have a read. :)

Re: Round 1 - vs werribee

The 'Box Hill President's Function' looks to be outstanding value at $60 pp.

Be great if anyone goes and can give a quick rundown of Jeff's speech.

On a side (and Hawthorn) note, I found it quite disappointing that the announcement of the Kokoda Cup and associated allocating of funds to those who most need it, met with so little fanfare. It's a great thing the footy club is doing.

Back on topic - Go Stangers!

Box Hill V Werribee

No Burgoyne, Grimley, Tuck or Dowler.

Of the Box Hill lads, no Plapp, Pollard, Kiel or Jackson.

Good to see Young & Lisle in.

Savage Stratton Suckling

Sierakowski Whitecross JKT

Young Muston Duryea

Pederson Renton Moss

Curnow Lisle Williams

Peterson
Ablett

Breust

Neil, George, Kitchen, Mirra, Van Unen, S Gibson
Conyers, Bello, Orr, Kenna, J Hoegel, Fagan, Smithwick

Re: Box Hill V Werribee

Development team.

Wallace Warby Purcell

Van Unen Kennedy Walker

Cass Johnston McGuinness

Thompson Tobin Andrews

C Hoegel Delahunty Mirra

Orr
George

Kitchen

A Ellis, Ledin, Nye, McShane
Moussi, Cross, Edgar, Johns,
Burnage, Kinder, Furey, Minahan

Yes it is. Ben Kennedy has actually shown some reasonable preseason form. Apparently wasn't all that serious about footy last few years but has lifted the intensity a level.

Brent Wallace was eligible under father son last draft with us but was overlooked.

Keep an eye for young Jayden Hoegel (no 52 I believe). I will call it early, he will become a cult favourite at Box Hill this year.

I thought Hawthorn should have rookied Andrew Renton, will be interesting to see how he goes, hopefully he can make a big impression.

Yes it is. Ben Kennedy has actually shown some reasonable preseason form. Apparently wasn't all that serious about footy last few years but has lifted the intensity a level.

Brent Wallace was eligible under father son last draft with us but was overlooked.

Keep an eye for young Jayden Hoegel (no 52 I believe). I will call it early, he will become a cult favourite at Box Hill this year.

Thanks Higgo, I take it, Kennedy is taller than his brother, being named at CHB look forward to seeing how they go, I'll keep my I on Hoegel.

Wouldn't think Ben is much different in size to Josh. They look very similar. Given lack of time in weights dept, I would say Ben maybe a touch leaner.

Ben at CHB is probably more to do with his playing style rather than size. Don't forget that at times in the development squad the ruckman are often only 190-195cm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a carpark a short walk away, if you google maps "Laburnum and Salisbury blackburn" and zoom in, you'll see a little shopping strip, the walk is a realtime 5 minutes.

I've never seen a car booked there, and believe me, I have a decent view of the place. ;)
I am hanging out to see dasher play and i cant wait to see musto fire up tomorrow thanks for the info

Remove this Banner Ad

Back