Unofficial Preview Round 1 Brisbane Lions v Sydney Swans @ Gabba 20 March 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Hollands and Phillips had previous injury histories but McDonald didn't. As far as I know he has never had any serious injuries.
Speaking to a friend of Logans that played footy with him.. He missed 2019 with an ACL

Speaking to a friend of Logans that played footy with him.. He missed 2019 with an ACL
Dw my dad works at Nintendo, Switch Pro is coming out soon

Maybe you were speaking to a friend of a different Logan, the article below lists our Logan's achievements in 2019 and if he did his ACL, he hid it pretty well.

Like everyone else shocked re the McLean pick. Not concerned that he'll get towed up, but more so that he's been chosen in a wet weather game over players who might be been more useful in such conditions.

They could play Macartin on Daniher, Rampe on Hipwood and Mclean on Fullarton. I think Mclean will hold his own on the young kid and has that extra height that Melican may have struggled with. Strange decision if Melican isn't injured but they have gone for getting the right matchups. If it's going to be wet I'd be surprised if Brisbane go in that tall to be honest.
In which case Mclean could go forward and give Hickey some help or Rampe gets freed up to play on a small.

Can't find any news of the ACL and he definitely played football in 2019. Is it possible he had a medial ligament or something not as serious? He also doesn't appear to have any signs of an ACL. Both legs are like tree trunks.
could be true.. might have been 2018. The fella I was talking to came to work with his Swans shorts on 2 weeks ago.. got talking to him. His son played with Logan in Perth. He said he missed a lot of footy just before his draft year due to an ACL.
He was a good guy, knew his footy, no reason to not believe him

happy to be wrong

Plenty of times Horse has named the team completely out of position from where they line up. It's a tactic. If McLean lines up at fullback I'll be blown away.
I can see him playing there at times. Especially when McInerney goes forward for a rest and Hipwood or Fulkarton go into the ruck. I think it a smart move. The other thing is if he drifts forward he is going to stretch the Lions backs who don't run to Giant status. In fact they are undersized atm.

I think it is an interesting line up. A lot if youth but a lot of dare. I think Longmire is saying 'I' m giving you a go niw let's see what you can do'. Campbell has been named on the wing. This might be a furphy but it might not. His delivery is sweet and I think more suited to a wing or mid role.

I like this team. We play a very experienced side who have aspirations of a premiership this year. We are still only blooding youngsters. Sure we could get blown away but I think this group might just survive. But we cannot alliw the sort of lead we allowed GWS last week or then we will have a blow out because their confidence will grow the further they get ahead.

We need to stay with them or dictate play. If we don't so either we will be in for a long day. We have the talent. We just lack experience and a long stretch playing together.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stats of McDonald's 2019

Height: 195.5cm
Weight: 85.2kg
Position: Key Forward

2019 WAFL COLTS STATS: 6 games | 10.8 disposals | 2.6 marks | 3 tackles | 1.5 goals
2019 UNDER 18 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS STATS: 3 games | 11.3 disposals | 4.3 marks | 2 tackles | 1.3 inside 50s | 1 goal

He also played local footy.

He didn't miss a game in 2020 as well. If he had done an ACL there would have been a recovery period.

Your friend is wrong.

Edit: He also played the entirety of 2018 and had a very strong under 16's carnival kicking 6 goals against Vic metro.

I'll be surprised if McLean lines up in defence without any real training there. Reckon it's more likely Hewett plays as the 7th defender. Or Mills goes back, Parker plays more midfield and McLean mainly forward with some ruck and Reid permanent forward.

Very odd selection on paper either way. Very interested to see where McLean actually plays.

Pretty sure he played there just before joining the Swans after having been a fwd most of the time.
Though I expect him to be forward, and Reid back as he won't have the mobility to go with even Daniher, and certainly not Hipwood.

McCartin on Daniher and Reid on Hipwwod seems the way to go. Just how I see it. Could be completely wrong.

Pretty sure he played there just before joining the Swans after having been a fwd most of the time.
Though I expect him to be forward, and Reid back as he won't have the mobility to go with even Daniher, and certainly not Hipwood.

McCartin on Daniher and Reid on Hipwwod seems the way to go. Just how I see it. Could be completely wrong.

I wondered about Reid going back but I doubt they'd want McDonald toiling away without a senior tall to take the heat off him. Having Andrews to contend with is not ideal for an 18 year old on debut in torrential rain.

Realistically, how many debutants will Horse go with? I feel that we absolutely nailed the draft this time around, but Horse doesn’t have much of a track record of putting multiple newbies on the deck. We all want to see Gulden, Campbell, McD, but let’s be honest with ourselves, will he try any of them?
Looks like he has... I'll wait until they actually run out, but I'm betting they'll be there :)

Based on our last game (round 18, 2020 vs Geelong) I hope to see the following changes:

OUT - Stephens, Clarke, Thurlow, Sinclair, Bell, Aliir, Fox, Hayward

IN - Heeney, McDonald, Campbell, Gulden, Rampe, Hewett, Hickey, Wicks
Looks like Horse was listening to you... :)

I think there will be alot of experts surprised by the young Swans this year. A bit of experience to lead this exciting group of young player. A few that now have good game day exposure. So it will come down to injuries, the ability to be selfless for each other & to score closer to 100 points a game. I have a feeling this will happen and people will notice what is coming in the next few years.
Go Bloods

I nominate the following drinking game for tomorrow night.

Any mention of Daniher almost playing for Sydney = :beermug:
Daniher kicks a goal....and the ensuing Sydney regrets = :beercheers:

I hope none of you are driving after the game:smiley:
Should I book an ambulance to the hospital to get my stomach pumped now or later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back