Game Day Round 1 - Brisbane @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I know I’ve generally been pretty negative but that was ******* awesome. Great pressure, hard tackling, smothers and *en finally some accuracy in front of goal. Great work Freo. Love ya guts.

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Thought he was a positive tbh. Looks a much better player than last season and someone who can at least be part of our depth going forward.
Agreed. Warner looked much more comfortable. Used the ball well and made good decisions. Also remember him standing under a high ball at one point at CHB with a pack coming towards but he stood his ground and didn’t flinch. Showed courage in that spoil attempt where he got knocked out. Those sort of efforts will be praised heavily by the coach and team.

Just wanted to point out that we lost another FK count at home despite being the much better side. A round 1 win is nice but some things never change :D

also worth mentioning that we gave up a whopping 45 games experience per player and looked by far the more assured and mature side. veeeeeery nice Justin.

Can I just mention!! I sit sports lounge side and Jeremy Sharp held his width PERFECT alllll day! To be honest he was actually out a lot more than we used him but I’m just saying the dude is young az, has a BOOMING kick and didn’t get sucked in! We have 100% found a winger here guys !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watching run from behind, catch and then beat the opposition to the ball late in the game was a thing of beauty!

A few things I wouldn’t mind some info on from those watching at home; what was the extent of the injuries, was there anything in the rough tackles that might see us cop some attention in the MRO and was Sebba and Jackson’s games as amazing on the box as live??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few things I wouldn’t mind some info on from those watching at home; what was the extent of the injuries, was there anything in the rough tackles that might see us cop some attention in the MRO and was Sebba and Jackson’s games as amazing on the box as live??
McDonald looks an ACL

Cox tore his hammy off the bone

Worner was out cold so will likely miss 1-2 with concussion

Pretty bad injuries tbh

Injuries: Worner out for a week with concussion, McDonald hyperextended his knee, will need scans to be sure but looked surprisingly upbeat on the bench, Cox looks like a bad hammy 6-10 weeks but will obviously need scans to confirm the extent.
Rough tackles: shouldn’t be too concerned but we’re Freo so who knows what the MRO will dream up.
Sebba and Jackson were immense, as were Amiss and Treacy.

Great questions.
Injuries - Coxlooks like an 8+ weeks hammy. Hopefully I'm wrong.
McDonald looks bad, horrible hyperextension. Was up and around after the game, await scans but will miss weeks at minimum.
Worner definite concussion.
Sebba and Jackson awesome nights confirmed, unbelievably good.
Walters did a deliberate trip and deserves more than a fine. I don't know the guidelines but maybe a week.
I didn't see any tackles that would warrant a suspension.
Lets keep F**G goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooing

A whole game has 4 of those right???
Is this a Bigfooty gaslighting moment? Yes, 4 in total. We can only comment on what we've seen so far at the time, which was 1 quarter of mostly vomit.

My response was to someone who was questioning how dare people blast Freo after 1 quarter for serving up hot garbage. There wasn't any other possible reaction available at the time although I did say things weren't as dire as it seemed.

Great questions.
Injuries - Coxlooks like an 8+ weeks hammy. Hopefully I'm wrong.
McDonald looks bad, horrible hyperextension. Was up and around after the game, await scans but will miss weeks at minimum.
Worner definite concussion.
Sebba and Jackson awesome nights confirmed, unbelievably good.
Walters did a deliberate trip and deserves more than a fine. I don't know the guidelines but maybe a week.
I didn't see any tackles that would warrant a suspension.
Lets keep F**G goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooing
We'll be lucky if Cox plays again this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back