Game Day Round 1: Brisbane v Adelaide, Hickey Park (Home), Saturday @ 4.10pm AEST

Who were your three best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think Webb must have had 0% for kicking efficiency

LeakyValve

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am a Sophie Conway fan so am I probably biased, but I thought she did some neat work under pressure. She is a clever footballer. Good hands in close.

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That was a great game to watch. Gotta say there's a huge amount of improvement from last year, and while theres around half the team that looks like they're thinking through their kicks rather than just flowing through the motion our structures are able to work around that.

I particularly liked the way we set up around contests for the two short handballs to extract, worked a treat. Great tackling pressure across the field too.

Forgive me for not being able to recall the individual players but overall I was very impressed with our backs. Webb (I think?) was also very good defensively in the last quarter taking some clean marks as the crows tried to press forward.

Great win, and a good turnout on a rainy day too! How good is having footy back

Flooding continues to be a blight on the game
Of course it was. Why do you think there was a heap of warnings about it up and down the coast?

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
Lutkins was almost Rance-like at times, just patrolling across the backline.

Lily P. will be an excellent contributor as she gets more experience at this level. Good instincts to apply pressure and create turnovers. As a few have mentioned Davidson seems to add a very aggression at the fifty fifty aerial contests.

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am a Sophie Conway fan so am I probably biased, but I thought she did some neat work under pressure. She is a clever footballer. Good hands in close.
This.

Some players struggle after an ACL but she was fantastic. My favourite player for sure.

She see wins the I'm a better footballer than my brother award.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LeakyValve

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This.

Some players struggle after an ACL but she was fantastic. My favourite player for sure.

She see wins the I'm a better footballer than my brother award.
It appears you, Bato and me are scrapping to be Sophie's water carrier. She is feisty.

As an aside, was her brother a plodder football wise?

And as a further aside, did anybody else have issues with the coverage on AFL.COM dropping out every 2 minutes or so?

You had to go back to the AFLW lead in page to renew coverage.

Missed the last minute of NM-Melb. Aggravating.

LeakyValve

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pulled out an old Telstra TV for full screen and ran really well.
Looks like I will have to get the old man's Pye TV out from the shed then. Z Cars and Homicide were the last shows that thing saw. I don't know if it still has it's stand though.

It appears you, Bato and me are scrapping to be Sophie's water carrier. She is feisty.

As an aside, was her brother a plodder football wise?

And as a further aside, did anybody else have issues with the coverage on AFL.COM dropping out every 2 minutes or so?

Izzy was good enough to get on an AFL list so hardly a plodder in the grand scheme of things. I don't think he had the drive to make it though, but making it as far as he did is more than many other aspiring footballers can say.

LeakyValve

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Izzy was good enough to get on an AFL list so hardly a plodder in the grand scheme of things. I don't think he had the drive to make it though, but making it as far as he did is more than many other aspiring footballers can say.
True. I was happy to get 15 touches in a Sunday social match between the old PMG and Western Mining Corporation let alone get on a list anywhere. I still talk about those 15 touches.

True. I was happy to get 15 touches in a Sunday social match between the old PMG and Western Mining Corporation let alone get on a list anywhere. I still talk about those 15 touches.
How many touches was it? ;)

Yes!

My three year old and I were watching it on the computer and when it dropped out right before Adelaide somehow didn't get a goal from right in front (still not sure how that happened given I didn't see the footage) I went with "this is annoying!" The three year old went with "*'s sake!" ... so there's that.

Back