VFL Game Day Round 1: 66 point thrashing from Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess by playing all our good kids in the firsts we are really short changing the VFL side. Really short sighted approach. This f...... club...

Strong Brisbane team, Robertson, Cockatoo, Fullerton, Archie Smith, Brock Smith, Henry Smith, Ely Smith, Coleman x 2, Sharp, Ballanden.

Boys vs men out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure that the approach of Tudor of asking the team to focus on 1 goal in the first half was the way to go.

We will have both the scoring ends in the 2nd half...

I'd rather keep a super competitive (most weeks) AFL team on the park, packed with kids, than be too concerned about the VFL team putting in mediocre performances.

The likes of Cox, Perkins, Reid, Draper (when uninjured), Harrison Jones etc are the future of the club and will be long term stars for us. There may be times when they have to temporarily return to VFL level in their early years, yep, but they are going to cut their teeth at the top level & not in front of 30 people at "Red Rooster Park".

I'd rather keep a super competitive (most weeks) AFL team on the park, packed with kids, than be too concerned about the VFL team putting in mediocre performances.

The likes of Cox, Perkins, Reid, Draper (when uninjured), Harrison Jones etc are the future of the club and will be long term stars for us. There may be times when they have to temporarily return to VFL level in their early years, yep, but they are going to cut their teeth at the top level & not in front of 30 people at "Red Rooster Park".
In all seriousness, I am delighted to see us debuting 5 guys so far this season, hopefully with a couple more to come. It is great for the future of the club and the only way we are going to go anywhere. Getting flogged every week in the magoos ain't going to help a lot though. How can Eyre show he can play as a key forward for the seniors if the ball is barely in the forward line. I'd also suggest that most strong AFL sides have had a good VFL side. Richmond certainly have for a while now. Depth is important, although that is obviously what we are trying to develop and build.

Whilst too long ago to be relevant now, I think all of our premierships in what I will call the modern era (my lifetime) were preceded by reserves premierships - '83, '92 and '99 (I think).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back