Preview Round 1: Bulldogs vs Fremantle, March 27 2016, Etihad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
The round 1 lineup thread is pretty much a preview thread.

Anyway, I'm going to this game and am somewhat sad at not being able to witness purple Bennell in the flesh but will have to make do.

Last edited:

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Freo by 37 points.
Bulldogs are being overrated to buggary.

I reckon this will be one of the bigger tests this year. I'm not confident

Last edited:

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
I don't think Ross had lost a season's first game with us yet. He seems to almost spend the preseason preparing for it.

electricfeel

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bit nervous but it doesn't feel real that footy starts - I've been so preoccupied with work etc. Fremantle by 9 pts

Prediction: If Lachie Weller plays - he'll kick 2 goals

free at last

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
south of lat 32
AFL Club
Fremantle
This game will be so tight,I just can't see a comfortable victory by either us or the doggies.I think the dogs might just get the points unfortunately.

Mr Peabody

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
RTB on 7 News tonight:-

Basil: Etihad is a tough place for post game recovery. Any chance Matthew Pavlich won't play this week?

RTB: Yeah, look I think there is a chance. We still need to train tomorrow, we need to train Friday, so Matthew will be a good judge of that, how he is. We think he is in pretty good shape. We would love him to play. But it's that total management, we have to look at the big picture and see whether he should make the trip or not.

Need to see our line up first...

Freeeoo

Club Legend
May 7, 2006
SOR
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Gooners
Yeah I'd actually be quite happy for Pav to miss all Etihad games. Fyfe, Walters, Hill and Mundy to be the match winners. Freo by 17pts.

Apr 18, 2011
Japan
AFL Club
Fremantle
How the firetruck is it necessary to rest someone in Rd 1, wasn't that what last week was for? I feel like I'm getting pissed on but told it's raining. Us by 3 somethings, goals, points, seconds, metres.

How the firetruck is it necessary to rest someone in Rd 1, wasn't that what last week was for? I feel like I'm getting pissed on but told it's raining. Us by 3 somethings, goals, points, seconds, metres.

It's not resting for that round it's about recovery for the week after. Etihad is a hard surface so the best thing for Pav is to play on that surface as little as possible.

DMan 11

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2012
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm just a big ole mix of nerves and anticipation. That always makes judging rd 1 difficult.
I think the nerves and skills will take the players a while to settle - the better skilled and drilled team will be advantaged early, therefore I think Freo are a chance to win by a slim margin.
In saying that, the dogs are a confidence team and if they get a roll on early I wouldn't be surprised to see them sustain that lead throughout.
Really tough game to tip - it's going to be close and that's as much as I can say on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back