Preview Round 1: Bulldogs vs Fremantle, March 27 2016, Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put $100 on us by under 40 points at $2.70.

Easy money.

Yes, I am that confident.

Oh, and $5 on Weller for the first goal. Just cos.

Bye bye money, I think the dogs are faster, have better foot skills and seriously better forwards.

I have seen every Dockers match ever played and cannot remember him playing as a defender.
He drifts down there as does every player under the game plan , but that's it.
We would get killed with him as a defender.
Mayne as defender is worse then tab.anywhere both cannot play there.

He does drift back, but I'm suggesting that he has had one or two stints there during games as cover as recently as in the past 2 seasons. Not whole games.

I don't believe it has happened.
There was some ridiculous talk about converting him two years ago and suggestions he was training for it also.
That was short lived. Very short lived and never tried in a match.

• Three talls in the forward line could prove very embarrassing when pitted against a fast running defence. Would almost rather see Clancy be a late inclusion.

I have seen every Dockers match ever played and cannot remember him playing as a defender.
He played as a defender for a short while in round 10 last year against Richmond but switched back to the forward line. In the first derby in 2014 he replaced Dawson when he went off with an injury. He is serviceable as a defender and has been an option we have used when we have had in game injuries to defenders. But I'm sure you'll disagree he is capable as we all know how much you like him, given you continually keep reminding us ;)

He played as a defender for a short while in round 10 last year against Richmond but switched back to the forward line. In the first derby in 2014 he replaced Dawson when he went off with an injury. He is serviceable as a defender and has been an option we have used when we have had in game injuries to defenders. But I'm sure you'll disagree he is capable as we all know how much you like him, given you continually keep reminding us ;)

He replaced Dawson at fullback ? In preference to any other player Ross had at his disposal ?
Mate, I don't believe you. I'll leave it at that.

With the undersized bulldogs, I think we have enough small forwards to counter that. Mayne, Ballas, Walters with D. Pearce and perhaps Stephen Hill can help. Not too concerned about that area, normally we defend well and use the stoppages/clearances to lock the ball in the forward 50. I'm predicting a forward flood to limit their supply and intercept marking will be the key.

Murphy, Wood, Johannisen and Suckling will be the rebounding defenders. But don't forget one or two of them will have to play on Griffin and Tabs.

Have seen both Mayne and Taberner play in the backline due to injury in a couple of games. Mayne was fine, which is no surprise as he often moves around the field but Taberner was completely lost and should never ever return to a defensive position.

Have seen both Mayne and Taberner play in the backline due to injury in a couple of games. Mayne was fine, which is no surprise as he often moves around the field but Taberner was completely lost and should never ever return to a defensive position.

Ditto

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He replaced Dawson at fullback ? In preference to any other player Ross had at his disposal ?
Yep, we are all lying just to annoy you Fred :rolleyes: He switched back as a defender when Dawson was injured, I didn't say he played full back.

My phone won't let me link it but there is an article on the Freo site titled "Freo could continue to use Chris Mayne in defence"
The article talks about how Mayne played on Darling when Dawson went off with an injury

My phone won't let me link it but there is an article on the Freo site titled "Freo could continue to use Chris Mayne in defence"
The article talks about how Mayne played on Darling when Dawson went off with an injury

You have to admit "Fremantle Could Continue To Use Mayne in Defence" is a pretty long title. Not enough space for a sub-heading "Fred Ziffel Caught Up In Crowd Toilet Queue at Subi Oval"

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2014-05-06/freo-could-continue-to-use-chris-mayne-in-defence

It was a derby two seasons ago and I was at the end he was defending darling.... He's no defender. Beaten on pace and positioning... As one would expect. Was only a quarter or so from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back