Game Day Round 1- Carlton vs Collingwood - Pies lose by 8 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

filled that survey out, was a bit bizarre, at times they were basically asking the same question twice
It is a deliberate tactic in surveys. They approach the same issues with several sets of similar questions, then compare how they relate to deduce something.

I was going to say... an hour or so of watching fit young ladies in tight shorts and bare arms running around getting hot and sweaty is always worth watching... but that would be mysoginost wouldn’t it ..
No it wouldn't be. Some of the PC crowd may want to inform you that it is, but they would be wrong. Finding women attractive is natural. Evolution demands it of us. We need to find the opposite sex desirable in order for the species to continue. So if anyone tells you you are being misogynistic because you like looking at girls playing sport tell them to go * themselves and read a bit of Darwin.

Yep that makes so much sense, coaching with some success but not coaching correctly, maybe the current coaches have to high expectations of what the AFLW are capable of maybe that's the big issue.

Have you played the game before?

Who would win this

The best of the AFLW put in a team to face the best of the under 15s in Victoria football?

Yeah I've played just a bit mate, just a little over 260 senior matches , school, juniors ect
But I haven't played aflw , but have seen vwfl training
Oh by the way women's footy is in tranisition , it's called FAST TRACKING the current competition
( bris and Northern Territory have had this done )
Haven't seen under 15s girls in vic ,so wouldn't know
What I do know is the girls are getting fitter and as they do they will display better skills

Watching the Dees v GWS and it is really hard to watch.

My daughter hates Football (except Jamie Elliott) but has really enjoyed Auskick and has demanded that I take her to an AFLW game.

My point is give the woman’s game a chance........Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Well put

Just watched Offsiders. Only Caroline Wilson could make a discussion of Carlton vs Collingwood all about Richmond not having a side.

FFS.

They also didn't mention Molloy's debut, just focused on the admittedly terrible kicking incident.

Positives.
Molloy, Molloy, Molloy. Wasn't sure she could live up to the hype, but she did.
Kuys did well I thought. Lovely, long accurate left foot kick to the open side in the last quarter.
Duffin, Brazill (who will be a Molloy standard gun), Gutteridge out really hurt. Gutteridge is a footballer, Duffin has clean hands, which was badly lacking tonight. Brazill as I said - gun. They are to come back (Gutteridge maybe).

Negatives were fairly obvious.
Yeah Brazill is one of our best, cant wait til she is in the side.

Just watched Offsiders. Only Caroline Wilson could make a discussion of Carlton vs Collingwood all about Richmond not having a side.

FFS.

They also didn't mention Molloy's debut, just focused on the admittedly terrible kicking incident.

I would not Watch that Crap. Caro turns me off Watching it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't call it crap. The footy show is crap.

But yeah I agree it would be a hell of a lot better without her (and if Wheatley hadn't left the ABC).

They both Are

It was horrible to watch. But even worse to listen to. The commentators realise there's vision right?
I understand the long term goal ( which is a good one), but the hyperbole about the unskilled rubbish on display is wilful dishonesty to sell a product.
It's still a novelty product at the moment but they need the skills to improve at a rate quicker than the erosion of that novelty.

It was horrible to watch. But even worse to listen to. The commentators realise there's vision right?
I understand the long term goal ( which is a good one), but the hyperbole about the unskilled rubbish on display is wilful dishonesty to sell a product.
It's still a novelty product at the moment but they need the skills to improve at a rate quicker than the erosion of that novelty.

They still pack Grounds Out so People can't be UnHappy

I am not sure how that is relevant to anything. If you could build robots capable of playing footy to a standard where they would beat a male team by 150+ points, would that affect how we see the quality of mens football? Or would people then say male football has no value? Is the world champ female sprinter fast, or slow? Fast because she can beat all other females in the world, or slow, because she would lose to a fast man, or a top U15 male sprinter, or a horse, or a car?

AFLW is female football, the only thing it can be compared to is other female football. All other equivalences are false, and pointless.
I was responding to a post bringing said point up as a hypothetical.

So thanks for your input, lol.

He was comparing them to U15 boys.

Mate refer post 397
Beeg stated his bloke coached girls
We're talking awfl after all
If he was stating a boys team , well that's even more stupid and insulting to those that play
He stated that under 15 girls would beat the best of the awfl, anyone believe that?
CONTI thinks otherwise and maybe shed know seeing she's played Both

Remove this Banner Ad

Back