Preview Round 1 - changes/preview v. Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

So basically casey lost , Jefferson down back , Petty mainly forward , Fullerton did some ruck work etc , the match report didn't list goal kickers or best players , and that's the match report on the web site .

So basically casey lost , Jefferson down back , Petty mainly forward , Fullerton did some ruck work etc , the match report didn't list goal kickers or best players , and that's the match report on the web site .

Petty didn't score, Schache kicked 3...

Jesus. Im always an advocate for forwards to play some time back to see what they got but that is worrying that we've moved him already.
Change of position is usually a final Hail Mary before you move on and we are doing it in season 2. Why did we extend him last year if we have that little belief in him as a forward.

Yes and K.Brown and Moniz-Wakefield got a mention . I think they are playing jefferson down back out of necessity .
This is what they put up on web site -:
https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/1506837/vfl-petty-makes-return

Yeah saw that, more just think the selection chat will be interesting this week. On form, it's Schache ahead of Petty, but there's just no way that happens. Will make for some interesting posts this week re Goody's favourites etc.

Change of position is usually a final Hail Mary before you move on and we are doing it in season 2. Why did we extend him last year if we have that little belief in him as a forward.
Either that or we are so desperately thin down back that's where we need him more. Either way not good.

Either that or we are so desperately thin down back that's where we need him more. Either way not good.
You develop Jefferson as a forward and use no hopers like Schache out of position. The fact we are playing Schache forward over Jefferson is a serious problem either way.

You develop Jefferson as a forward and use no hopers like Schache out of position. The fact we are playing Schache forward over Jefferson is a serious problem.
I'm not talking about for Casey I'm talking about for this season and the future in the AFL. It's the only logical reason other than he's s**t I can think of

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not talking about for Casey I'm talking about for this season and the future in the AFL. It's the only logical reason other than he's s**t I can think of
Yeah fair point, if Jefferson is too skinny and far off it to play ahead of Brown and TMac as a forward I dont hold much hope for him as a KPD.

I've never watched a second of him but maybe he's a lever backup as the interceptor?

He has delist smell all over him
We've got enough of those guys down back I reckon. We all should have seen this coming when Danster said he was better than Cadman pre draft.

We've got enough of those guys down back I reckon. We all should have seen this coming when Danster said he was better than Cadman pre draft.
Not at Jefferson's height though I don't think unless he's not that tall.
Considering there's no Tmac, Brown or JVR in the 2s and he's down back boy oh boy wowee

Not at Jefferson's height though I don't think unless he's not that tall.
Considering there's no Tmac, Brown or JVR in the 2s and he's down back boy oh boy wowee
Disco is out but hes that height.

Yeah, no idea. Theres nothing about him that screams defender. Has good mitts and reads the ball well in flight but has zero intensity or campaigner in him.

I imagine they're trying to get him to learn the defensive side of being a key forward (competitiveness, second efforts) as they think he'd be a liability if chosen right now with defenders just rebounding off him at will.

I don't think it's a good sign at all given our lack of developing talls up forward.

It's a VFL practice match. I'm not expecting a full blown report from the club though. Couldn't even care about the scores. Just a few things that stood out is fine.

Jeffe down back is a worry. I'd be surprised if he's on our list in 3 years if we're already trying him across HB. Seemed like a nothing pick when we took him. Hardly heard his name over preseason where they build up these blokes.

Better ask Chief to change your team colours then :D
Way ahead of you, GO DEVILS!

New Jersey Devils Seinfeld GIF by Romy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back