Prediction Round 1: Changes Vs Adelaide Crows + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Were you thinking of anyone in particular Piggy?
No not at all I’ve just read it a fair bit across the pre season. It’s firmly tongue in cheek, I too was up and about I just didn’t want to tempt the gods by putting it out there but for all I know I may have said it as well. My memory is terrible lol.

Bet Banfield is BOG to shove it up you lot haha
I'm not going to lie Banfield is my least favourite player on our list and I think he should have been delisted.
But hats off to him, if he is in the 22 ahead of the likes of players I rate like Aish, Walker etc (I know different positions but these guys can still football better than Bailey) he is obviously doing something right.
If he can make Doedee accountable this game and not peeling off to be the spare man at each contest it will be great.

I'm not going to lie Banfield is my least favourite player on our list and I think he should have been delisted.
But hats off to him, if he is in the 22 ahead of the likes of players I rate like Aish, Walker etc (I know different positions but these guys can still football better than Bailey) he is obviously doing something right.
If he can make Doedee accountable this game and not peeling off to be the spare man at each contest it will be great.
I'm the opposite, I like him as a player. Not sure if he is b22 but he still has earnt his spot based off the preseason. I just didn't want to lose the speed of Colyer.

Banfield playing forward is a false hope, sure he may once in awhile look ok. But
his true position is midfield.
I’d rather they blood Erasmus and someone who is dangerous around goals rather than someone who might pop up now and again.
I understand the thinking but guys like Erasmus, Walker I’m sure will lead us into the holy ground.
Guys like Banfield, Acres, etc are depth. It’s ridiculous, and you can see the call made on Hughes who will only play due to an injury crisis.
I like Hughes, stood up for him in the past, an honest foot soldier but we have guys on our list that could be special.

Banfield playing forward is a false hope, sure he may once in awhile look ok. But
his true position is midfield.
I’d rather they blood Erasmus and someone who is dangerous around goals rather than someone who might pop up now and again.
I understand the thinking but guys like Erasmus, Walker I’m sure will lead us into the holy ground.
Guys like Banfield, Acres, etc are depth. It’s ridiculous, and you can see the call made on Hughes who will only play due to an injury crisis.
I like Hughes, stood up for him in the past, an honest foot soldier but we have guys on our list that could be special.
Really don’t get the persistence of
Banfield forward. Sure he’s tall and applies pressure but he never plays a full game.
On the other hand, he loves the inside mid and does well to hold his own. Perhaps they’ll rotate him through the middle, I hope.

Treacy and Tucker confirmed ins then

"Have you got enough work into Darcy Tucker?"

"Yeah we have, we will back him in, back in his preseason and get him in the team, good mix of inside and outside"

Sounds like he is primed for Cerras role

Except he has no right foot. Cerra’s a Rolls Royce on both

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but being of mediocre footspeed and needing the extra step to get onto his left every time, does not make an elite midfielder

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm not sold on him either but he has had a strong preseason and deserves the R1 spot. Let's see what he dishes up. Same as Acres and Banners.

We have plenty of people to come in the next few rounds if we have any stragglers. Noddy, Erasmus and Aish come to mind.

Last edited:
Yeah but being of mediocre footspeed and needing the extra step to get onto his left every time, does not make an elite midfielder
Although on the positive side of the ledger he can kick goals from 50m+ in general play. Has Cerra ever kicked a goal in general play?

I'm astounded Banfield is in for Colyer, Colyer hasn't put a foot wrong at all.

It's a kick in the guts to name a debut as the sub, won't happen. My money is on Colyer.

To me, Colyer has a position on the field. It is up to other players to oust him, and no one jumps out at me at the moment.

Colyer is underrated for what he brings to the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back