Opinion Round 1 Changes vs. Geelong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop trolling guys, anyone got the real team?
According to Nathan Schmook on the afl.com.au site...

11 minutes ago

The Sunday squads have been finalised. Here are the benches and emergencies.

ADELAIDE
Interchange: Hampton, Otten, Milera, Menzel
Emergencies: Knight, Poholke, O’Brien

GWS
Interchange: Smith, Taranto, Buntine, Mzungu
Emergencies: Reid, Simpson, Wilson

NORTH MELBOURNE
Interchange: Thompson, Turner, Gibson, Brown
Emergencies: Clarke, Vickers-Willis, Durdin

WEST COAST
Interchange: Masten, Redden, Petrie, Hutchings
Emergencies: Sheed, Barrass, Schofield

FREMANTLE
Interchange: Blakely, Suban, Tucker, Weller
Emergencies: Sheridan, Crozier, Taberner

GEELONG
Interchange: Mackie, Menzel, Murdoch, Ruggles
Emergencies: Lang, Menegola, Thurlow

I think we have picked a side to win and to physically challenge Geelong with pace and strength in the contest, especially forward of centre. As much as we would like a sexier team with someone like Crozier, Suban can do some of the grunt work and shepparding etc for Fyfe Mundy Neale etc.

It looks like we are reverting back to 2015 Freo with a bit more on the outside with B Hill/ Langdon/ Weller/ Tucker.

so im taking from this that we plan on playing Weller forward and Suban defencively. I would be excited to see Weller move forward as i think he is a natural goal kicker.

I think we have picked a side to win and to physically challenge Geelong with pace and strength in the contest, especially forward of centre. As much as we would like a sexier team with someone like Crozier, Suban can do some of the grunt work and shepparding etc for Fyfe Mundy Neale etc.

It looks like we are reverting back to 2015 Freo with a bit more on the outside with B Hill/ Langdon/ Weller/ Tucker.
Exactly what I was thinking. Ross probably looking at pre 2016 tapes l see what worked really well. We tend to battle and grind with Geelong, especially 2012-2015. No reason why we can't do it again, especially with their lean midfield. Dominate the clearances goes a long way in helping to win this match

All I can say really is I'm very disappointed. Has zero form, zero future (if we don't want to be s**t) and I'm not sure what he offers the team like at all.

Crozier and Sheridan are both more talented and if we get them right could make it. Might be a remote chance of being decent but it's a chance. Suban doesn't give us that chance.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Subes is on a short leash. Ross wasn't afraid to drop him last year.

yeah nah.

Stunk it up in the JLT, stunk it up for Peel, automatically back in over better performing players. Because "grunt". Short leash my ******* left nut, the golden pass continues.

200.gif

My reaction following the team updates on twitter.

Lyon's starting to lose me with this myopic nonsense. If he keeps on doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results, he leaves us with only one conclusion to draw!

Imagine how good he could be if he augmented the core of what he does with a small amount of exciting, instinctive and free range young talent? Almost every master coach does this.

This is a really good selection. Suban's versatility, raking left boot and ability to shrug tackles should pay off in spades on Sunday. I even half expect him to get sent to Dangerfield.

Good pick. :thumbsu:

Suban could be the game breaker.
Positive- play like bog vs west Perth in pre season
Negative - play invisible men vs east Perth .

Either way game breaker .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back