VFL Round 1 - Coburg vs Collingwood at Coburg City Oval (Pies WON 64-62 & replay now online, see OP!)

Remove this Banner Ad

He did show enough at vfl level today to warrant a spot in the senior side. But we'll have to wait and see how the coaching staff view his performance. I'd give him a crack over Smith or Ramsay.
I haven't seen the game. I am just going off what posters have been saying which is that he was ok but nothing really special. Showed some composure at the end etc.

I haven't seen the game. I am just going off what posters have been saying which is that he was ok but nothing really special. Showed some composure at the end etc.

A beautiful kick.. his kicking doesn't deviate. Poetry in motion. He just needs a bigger stage.. with better players around him.

BOG De Goey, he owes the team...much like Shaw and Didak after their fib.

Cox - I think he'll be a great ruckmen, I am a bit concerned at his marking over head. Can't get more than one hand to the marking point.

Keefe - I would like to see him back maybe through Mclarty up forward.

McClarty- he looked really good, hard, clean and smart. Was a quitter after getting injured. Would be good trial as a key forward.

Daicos - goodness me do we have something to look forward to. If we weren't so fit atm, he would get a game in a few weeks time.

Shaz- cruising, clean disposal, wins the ball and was huge in those last two minutes. A couple more games and I'd like to see him replace Smith.

Aish - Pathetic

Kirby - likewise

McCarthy - thought he showed some good signs. Likes to jump over his opponent in the ruck, smart for his size.

Thomas - gets in good positions, works hard but I think we need to give him time to regain his touch.

Brown - works hard was a bit lost, needs some time I think.

Wills - I thought he was good, clearly needs to build up to some form.

Sier - missing, hoping it isn't his MO.

Mayne - thought he was good, clearly above VFL. Still needs to kick straight.

Oxley - showed some poise and class at times, looks like he hasn't put on a kg since being drafted. In trouble come end of year.

Mackie - should make for better option next year.

Dunn - thought he was great. Great skills, smart and good use of body. Would prefer to see him as a forward ahead of Keefe.

Tardew - was the best of the rest.

Wells - cruised, a clear step ahead...straight in once match fit
McCarthy was rubbish. Didn't do anything.

He's just making up for lost time.

A hard fought win against the Swans and old mate TG wasn't seen or heard from for almost a week :eek:
You'd think we'd have lost the way he's carrying on.

Was a real shame he was unable to play the full game - bruised diaphragm apparently but he's ok.

Was sad he went down and could not complete the Full Game but Glad it's nothing to bad

I understand and partly agree with what your saying. It's much easier to get yourself motivated for a AFL game in front of 60000 than it is to play at VFL level at some suburban ground in front of TD and Magpiebat. Having said that Shaz still needs to show some form before he is promoted. Maybe not as much as some other players may have to but he still has to show something.
Now put your ouzo bottle and your cheese platter from IGA aside and accept that I am right.

Your wrong ottoman...........Shazza will show us nothing more in the VFL.

Play him in the seniors now accept he will have bad games (aka Moore) but he is our future.

Now give me some ouzo and cheeses please! :p

Your wrong ottoman...........Shazza will show us nothing more in the VFL.

Play him in the seniors now accept he will have bad games (aka Moore) but he is our future.

Now give me some ouzo and cheeses please! :p
I think if you look through my posting history you will see that I have never been wrong.

Actually there was the time I said Kyle Martin would be a star. Oh and that I could see something special in Gault and that he would be a bull in the forward line. Oh and I said Buckley was a good coach. I may have also stated we were certainties for finals last year. I was also certain that Shaz was leaving.

Come to think of it I should just shut up and pass the ouzo over.

He will not be soft and outside after 20 games at senior level.. that's what he doesn't quite understand. He will cont doing what he's doing at vfl level though.

People need to have played reserve/senior sport to understand this.

Taking a game saving mark is not soft...........it takes balls of steel and talent to do that.

Just play him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Scharenberg is pushing for selection. I would like to see him come in for Smith.

Doesn't do enough. Even at VFL level. Seems to pick up most of his footy by getting cheapies either sideways or out the back.
In my opinion he hasn't earned a spot yet. Neither has Aish.

That was a pretty good last line mark for a softy TG....I think you might need better bait next time
dont know about that, he caught a few, but that was a very good mark by shaz to win the game though

Doesn't do enough. Even at VFL level. Seems to pick up most of his footy by getting cheapies either sideways or out the back.
In my opinion he hasn't earned a spot yet. Neither has Aish.

Yep 20 cheapies in two quarters last week ;)

Oh oh.
The Gimp, CFC2010 and TD are going to come after you.
Criticizing Shaz and Aish in one post. Bad move.

Yeah probably. But it's not really criticising, because I believe both boys can play.
Just need to earn their place. That time will come I just don't think that time is now.
It's just an opinion of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back