Fixture Round 1 Dees V dogs 16 March 2022 MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

The grand final took a lot of time for me to recover from. I wasn’t in a great place mentally, and I was just so invested in a 3rd flag. We all were. The meek way we lost disturbed me.

I remember sitting in my room, light off, TV off. Just sat there for a long, long time. I didn’t speak of footy again for weeks, and I don’t remember smiling much.

I was debating whether to go or not for round 1, but I’ve decided to go. I don’t want to live my life in fear of a what has happened, or what will happen. I want to believe in what can happen. As Rocky would say:

“Life will beat you down and keep you there if you let it.”

I refuse to be kept down by Melbourne, or by anyone else. A new tidal wave is forming off the western coast, ladies and gents. This time, it will be unstoppable.

Haven't thought about the Perth GF much since. If we'd lost it in a normal season I'd definitely dwell on it, but losing a random night game in Pert against another Vic team, after not being able to go to any games, etc, just didn't feel totally real and hasn't stung nearly as much as the 2015 EF, or the various PFs.

Haven't thought about the Perth GF much since. If we'd lost it in a normal season I'd definitely dwell on it, but losing a random night game in Pert against another Vic team, after not being able to go to any games, etc, just didn't feel totally real and hasn't stung nearly as much as the 2015 EF, or the various PFs.
Meme Reaction GIF

The grand final took a lot of time for me to recover from. I wasn’t in a great place mentally, and I was just so invested in a 3rd flag. We all were. The meek way we lost disturbed me.

I remember sitting in my room, light off, TV off. Just sat there for a long, long time. I didn’t speak of footy again for weeks, and I don’t remember smiling much.

I was debating whether to go or not for round 1, but I’ve decided to go. I don’t want to live my life in fear of a what has happened, or what will happen. I want to believe in what can happen. As Rocky would say:

I refuse to be kept down by Melbourne, or by anyone else. A new tidal wave is forming off the western coast, ladies and gents. This time, it will be unstoppable.

I didn't really give a * that we lost lol. It didn't feel like a Grand Final for some reason (Perth...)

Tickets go on sale 1st of March.

I received my provisional MCC membership a few months ago. What are my chances of purchasing a ticket for myself and two guest passes with this low level membership?

Tickets go on sale 1st of March.

I received my provisional MCC membership a few months ago. What are my chances of purchasing a ticket for myself and two guest passes with this low level membership?
Slight issue with the tickets I purchased for myself and two guests.

When I used my MCC barcode to purchase myself a ticket, as well as purchasing two guests passes, I didn't select 'member upgrade' for my own 'free' ticket. This is the first time being an MCC member so I wasn't aware I had to select this option.

What this means is I purchased two guests passes for my guests (sitting together) and I had assumed my ticket was included in the same transaction (so all three of us sit together).

I had to purchase a free ticket for myself in a separate transaction which allocated me in seat in a different bay to my guests.

I've been on the phone with the MCC and apparently this isn't an isolated incident. It happens regularly to new comers because the process to purchase a reserved seat is different. Basically they can't change seating arrangements (as expected) when reserve seats have already been purchased.

This is the advice I was given.

A) Hope for the best that we can locate three empty seats together within the MCC.

B) If a patron seated on either side of my guests is on their own, they may be kind enough to sacrifice their seat by swapping seats with me to allow us to sit together.

C) If there are two people seated together on either side of me, they may be happy to swap seats with my guests - this will actually be an upgrade for them.

D) Sacrifice sitting in the MCC altogether and the three of us can just find three seats together in General Admission seating.

Can anyone suggest another option which may work? One of my guests is a Dees supporter so we may have more luck if he is the one asking a patron to swap seats (given the majority of MCC members at the game will be Dees supporters).

Have you watched any grand final involving two vic clubs in the last 20 years. Nearly every single one of them developed into a rivalry/hatred. Even just finals in general create rivalries.

What’s the harm in having more than one rival, and one that is actually in the same state as us?
I feel as if the GWS rivalry has faded a bit, with the departure of so many of their players that featured in 2016. It will probably linger until the remaining and replacement flogs, Grubby, de Boer, Whitfield, Himmelberg etc, disappear into the sunset. It helps that they haven’t had success 😀.

I’m ready to hate another team almost as much as I hate Geelong 😀.

Same here.

At the time of the GF, we were in yet another lockdown, covid raging, I’d been stepped down from work, and had a serious case of depression.

Our finals run and being in the Grand Final had lifted my spirits a lot.

When Bonti kicked that goal in the 3rd quarter, I didn’t think we were home, but I absolutely thought we were looking pretty good.

And then, well, you know :(

I was very down immediately after the game and took me a few days to recover from it.

I‘m not sure if there is a good way to lose a Grand Final - any way you lose, you’ll be shattered - but still, the way we lost was pretty deflating.

But life goes on, the sun still rises each day and here we are in the cusp of a new season with every chance of being right up there again and hopefully going one further and banking flag number three.

I can’t wait for the season to start.

Go Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We cannot change our GF loss. This must burn with the players add 16 goals to 1 from half way through 3rd quarter embarrassment and the Freedom from Desire sang at the pub by the Dees to rub in our faces. The players should be breathing fire how much difference it makes I do to not know but I expect 100% effort.

Saw Ed Richards doing a wine tasting at Jackalope today.

Looking very relaxed pre round 1.

Any indication at this point what the crowd might be?

Are tickets still available in the Ponsford or Southern Stand? They dont show up on Ticketek.

Any indication at this point what the crowd might be?

Are tickets still available in the Ponsford or Southern Stand? They dont show up on Ticketek.

I just committed to making the trip over, got a ticket in the Ponsford stand, level 2 behind the goals & I think this will be behind the Bulldogs cheer squad. Suggested tickets were at the Melbourne end - * that

Where is general admission at the G? Been a long time since I’ve been to a game, not sure..
I'm not entirely sure if this is 100% correct, but I'd hazard a guess at the sections in red being GA.

I also know that you can stand on level one which is also GA.

1646647349520.png

Ameet Bains said today that they are expecting 80,000 to 85,000 for this match.

Have we ever played in a home and away game with >80,000 crowd.

No. Never had a crowd over 70,000 in H&A

Remove this Banner Ad

Back