Fixture Round 1 Dees V dogs 16 March 2022 MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I like this a lot and although you can never get redemption for what happened in the Grand final it would a great start to the season with a win in this one and spoil the Dees unfurling of the flag. This will be a big game and I have read the AFL/Gill is expecting a 100,000 crowd. To quote Michael Caton from The Castle "Tell him he's Dreamin". I reckon around 85,000 to 90,000 would be a great crowd on a school Wednesday night.

Wednesday night football is a totally stupid idea.

Otherwise I’m looking forward to it.

If this is successful the AFL will be looking at playing Eight Days A Week.

1638778563776.png

Can anyone remember how many turned up at VUWO on the day after the GF in 2016? The entire oval was covered with delirious fans as I recall but I can’t remember any estimates of the crowd size.

More of them will turn up round 1.

If they can’t turn up to a Saturday party at the G, what makes you think they will turn up on a Wednesday night? I think a few neutrals will make the effort though.

I couldn't find a fixture thread on your board.
But an article from the Crows just said Rd 6, 1:45pm Saturday 23/4. Bulldogs in Ballarat

The article also said fixture out at lunch time today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot on here talking about how many dees fans will turn up???

We should be asking how many Dogs fans will turn up!

We need to prove that we belong on the big stage.

I will 100% be there.

I will 100% be there.

We are only speculating on the accuracy of the AFL’s prediction of 90,000 fans at the game.

If my holiday to Cambodia is off, I will be there, I didn’t expect the year to start so early, it’s normally late March.

I couldn't find a fixture thread on your board.
But an article from the Crows just said Rd 6, 1:45pm Saturday 23/4. Bulldogs in Ballarat

The article also said fixture out at lunch time today.
Unless they are our bottom 6 double up probably means Port away again.

I will 100% be there.

I honestly hate the MCG. I know that's an unpopular opinion. Its too steep and just feels too claustrophobic and unsafe to me. You couldn't pay me to go there. Marvel is way better imo.

I was there, the whole ground was covered, it was incredible.
I was there with my Father, Sisters and and all our kids (+ an almighty hangover) I was a day I will remember forever. Singing the song, hugging strangers and cheering the boys. Driving back to Ballarat via the Braybrook Hotel and then to the pubs in Footscray FANTASTIC

Dees & Dogs played 3 times this year and will likely play each other more than twice next year.

As much as we both want to belt each other, for the neutral fan these two teams offer entertaining footy and will likely have some close games.

Both lists are in good shape so the next couple of seasons is a massive opportunity to get good time slots for our games and build exposure and get bums on seats.

Dees v Dogs could possibly become a household matchup like Hawks v Cats was and if so will hopefully mean a commercial bonus for both teams. $$$

Dees & Dogs played 3 times this year and will likely play each other more than twice next year.

As much as we both want to belt each other, for the neutral fan these two teams offer entertaining footy and will likely have some close games.

Both lists are in good shape so the next couple of seasons is a massive opportunity to get good time slots for our games and build exposure and get bums on seats.

Dees v Dogs could possibly become a household matchup like Hawks v Cats was and if so will hopefully mean a commercial bonus for both teams. $$$

You've won one flag in sixty years and now you're comparing your team to the Hawks and Cats dynasties? Don't get too far ahead of yourself, champ.

You've won one flag in sixty years and now you're comparing your team to the Hawks and Cats dynasties? Don't get too far ahead of yourself, champ.
You've taken the post completely out of context. I'm not penciling in dynasties for either team but I expect both teams to be contenders and hopefully be a fixture everyone is looking forward to. The rivalry is there, it just needs to grow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back