Fixture Round 1 Dees V dogs 16 March 2022 MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, the AFL and the media will try to manufacture a rivalry but it is a small part of the puzzle. For them it's a business.

For footy fans however it's about the contest. If our teams can back up 2021 with the same calibre of footy then watch out.
Maybe a couple of players can put knives in their socks and stab a few players... that would definitely start something.
A knife fight in the centre of the ground 1 second after the first bounce would bring the fans in.

Firstly there will not be a record crowd. Wendsday night seriously!!! AFL propaganda

We will be fine on our own for exposure for the next 5 years minimum hopefully we cash in on it.

Last, though I will not be able to make the game hope we smash them mentally and physically without the travel and isolation we went through in the last 5 weeks of last season

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who gets Fritscb first up

C.Parker
Crozier
B.Williams

Whos the back 7?

2 big talls, Williams, Crozier, C.Daniel, B.Dale, Duryea

Dees likely have 3 big talls TMac, BB, L.Jackson before Fritsch

So maybe 3 big talls is required (Maybe the 3rd as C.Parker)? In which case id assume Crozier misses

Who gets Fritscb first up

C.Parker
Crozier
B.Williams

Whos the back 7?

2 big talls, Williams, Crozier, C.Daniel, B.Dale, Duryea

Dees likely have 3 big talls TMac, BB, L.Jackson before Fritsch

So maybe 3 big talls is required (Maybe the 3rd as C.Parker)? In which case id assume Crozier misses
Very likely O’Brien comes in.

Hopefully better than the GF. Fritsch was primarily covered by Williams and Wood in patches in the GF and towelled both.

If Fritsch gets the same supply as did in the GF it will not matter who we play on him. Even if they are winning the midfield there needs to be pressure so they are forced to kick to the thin side no pressure and Fritsch and others cannot lead into free space on the fat side where the defender is in big trouble.

Last edited:
Petty won’t be playing for the Dees round 1, if it matters.

I really do want to go, but I REALLY don’t want to see Melbourne unfurl their premiership flag. What time would that happen, do we think? Ideally would miss that and just rock up for the opening bounce.

Sadly, I had to give up my membership this year as the wife and I have to save every cent for a house. Think I should be able to get a ticket?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had plans to fly over for the first couple of games but Chairman Mao Gowan put a stop to that. Likely to open up before then, but too much messing around on shorter notice.

It’s been a long off season but it’s gone quick in the last few weeks, it’s nearly go time!

Petty won’t be playing for the Dees round 1, if it matters.

I really do want to go, but I REALLY don’t want to see Melbourne unfurl their premiership flag. What time would that happen, do we think? Ideally would miss that and just rock up for the opening bounce.

Sadly, I had to give up my membership this year as the wife and I have to save every cent for a house. Think I should be able to get a ticket?
I am going with a group of mates (all supporting the doggies of course) but I'll be at the bar until the countdown starts.

I am going with a group of mates (all supporting the doggies of course) but I'll be at the bar until the countdown starts.

At least it will be easy to get a drink at the bars at the ground. All the Melbourne supporters will be in their seats watching the flag being unfurled, whilst us doggie supporters are in the bars downing a few.

I love Williams but you’re right. He’s amongst a few that need to show it in the really big games. He’s good enough to be All Australian in my view.
Was that Williams worst game for us? I see him as easily best 22 but that game he seemed nervous and did not do much. Hopefully he plays to his potential from now on.

5.30 - arrive at ground
5.35 - 7.08 enter bar & consume multiple froffs whilst trying to ignore every red & blue nuff
7.08 - hit the head
7.10 - arrive at seat for bounce down

5.30 - arrive at ground
5.35 - 7.08 enter bar & consume multiple froffs whilst trying to ignore every red & blue nuff
7.08 - hit the head
7.10 - arrive at seat for bounce down

Their presentation will be over by 6.45pm. We've got to be in out seats by 6.55pm to cheer our boys out.
And you forgot about going to the dunny in your timeline

No Petty is a big out for them, came along leaps and bounds last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back