Round 1 Discussion (Dedicated to Jiska)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting at 701/8

I am okay, I am okay, I am okay! Slowly rocking back and forth...

Grundy, very disappointing with the VC, Another score like that and I won't hesitate to trade him (I know he is a premo but not ruining my season running someone at top dollar who isn't performing when I can trade him away and if he comes good, then re-assess then.)

Balta stunk it up but on the pine so not as worried, the rest of the rookies have been good to okay and fielded the right ones so far.

Now the questions
1. Who to captain? Gawn, Oliver or Fyfe. Leaning towards Fyfe but really not confident.

2. Who to field out of Scott & Butters?

3. To take Sloane or Matt Crouch? Had Crouch nearly all pre-season but Sloane is at a tasty price for potential output and currently sitting in my side.

Any pearls of wisdom oh wise ones of our great (future plentiful puppy posted) land?
Butters, Jack Steele or Brayshaw, agree and same boat with Grundy ,although dont know if it's good moneyball to trade him back in.

Grundy is owned by 50% of teams so it’s not that bad.

If he didn’t give away 5 free kicks and kicked the 2 easy goals in a close game, it would have been a 120 game.
d0fc77c6f684185baa5faa7f3dba4039.jpg

Butters, Jack Steele or Brayshaw, agree and same boat with Grundy ,although dont know if it's good moneyball to trade him back in.

Brayshaw is good and I feel a pretty safe option at his price. but feel Steele is primed for a big season and the Saints will lean on him heavily to produce, I would lean towards Brayshaw and watch Steele...

I am in the same boat with Sloane & M. Crouch...

I hear what you are saying but too many seasons I have gone down the path of backing in premos for them to spit in my face and struggle for large chunks... I know Grundy is more likely to come good than not but if Goldstein for example (or any other ruck) starts out on fire, it makes perfect sense to me to maximise your money value at the expense of 1 or 2 trades... we all know he will be in the top group come years end bar injury.

Yes trades are an extremely valuable asset, however cash generation, protection and maximization is key to all future success with trades... just something to consider.

I really like Fyfe against North (has an insane record against them) but he also now has Darcy & Lobb rather than Lurch tapping down his throat and Goldstein looks in good touch... just feel it is one of those rounds where nothing is quite what it seems. Gawn vs Lycett seems a good choice but I thought the exact same with Grundy vs Stanley. Oliver is the only other capable choice IMO.

So to answer no idea!!! Just want a solid score around what Cripps got (not overly greedy)...
I think Gawn said Lycett was his toughest opponent last year. I’ve decided to take the Cripps VC.

WOOF KENTS!!
What a day to be alive, Super Coach is back and its World Puppy Day...Yes you heard right kentlemen.:moustache::thumbsu:
Time to celebrate the puppolas. :dogface::hearts:

Looking at you TravisJohnstone you splendid basterd.:moustache:

Sooo stoked to have Super Coach back and have an excuse to crack a beer at 10am in the morning.
(Thanks you Sun depraved eastern staters)

Picking a SC team this year was as difficult as a 3 legged Dog on the job,
FFS I have Brodes and Kiera in my team..WTF kents?

778/9 2 more rookies to go.
Perma VC Danger is a bit of a worry and a fail.

9 players today, 2 rooks the rest guns.

Gawn 120+
Olliepig:pig: 120
Derrrrsma 60
Drew 70
Smiffy 80
Da Crouch bruvs :menholdinghands: 220
Libba 100
Heendawgz :hearts: 105

875 SC points required

1st beer cracked, good luck to all you splendid kents with your SC exploits today and for the 2019SC season.

Now without further ado...bring on the puppies....

capture.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brayshaw is good and I feel a pretty safe option at his price. but feel Steele is primed for a big season and the Saints will lean on him heavily to produce, I would lean towards Brayshaw and watch Steele...

I am in the same boat with Sloane & M. Crouch...

I hear what you are saying but too many seasons I have gone down the path of backing in premos for them to spit in my face and struggle for large chunks... I know Grundy is more likely to come good than not but if Goldstein for example (or any other ruck) starts out on fire, it makes perfect sense to me to maximise your money value at the expense of 1 or 2 trades... we all know he will be in the top group come years end bar injury.

Yes trades are an extremely valuable asset, however cash generation, protection and maximization is key to all future success with trades... just something to consider.
Yes, there's nothing wrong with an early correction trade ,I'm considering Newman as well.I'm putting the C on Fyfe.

I legit almost posted puppies 2mins into the game last night when Howe got raped 10 points for a contested intercept hanger.

I watched the replay loved if when Rohan mark was paid and Howe says what about mine :moustache:.

Next time just post puppies :dog::dog::moustache:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back