Round 1 Discussion - Lets Get the Season Underway

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao how is Brett Bewley my highest scoring forward atm... I only have Petracca to go

18C/1200. Words just escape me. 1/3 of my players have gone sub 50
Can't believe I slightly turned my nose up at Cripps' score on Thursday night, little did I know what was to come
I have never seen so many spud scores staring back at me

BSmith
Crisp
Cumming
Brodie
Green
Cogs
Brayspud
Whit

Players above were a disgrace

I still have Roberton, Titch, Ceglar, Petracca and C.Taylor to come. I deadest won't get 1500. The darkest week in the history of fantasy

thinking around 1650-1750 would be par score this week? what are all your thoughts?
I’m feeling those kind of scores would end up being classified as a really good score this week.

Round one is always really hard to get a gauge on because there’s plenty of teams out there that’ve been randomly put together without much idea and they just happen to score alright but significantly drop off a round or two later. I’m feeling 1650 will end up being pretty close to “par”, that’s pretty crazy to think!!

I keep counting my team hoping I have 8 to come but sadly its only 7

961 with 7+c to come

It doesnt even feel like its a case of 100 being the previous good score minus 20% = 80 being the new tonne.

The lack of time is killing anyone and everyones score without mercy.

Danger 44? Wth? Coniglio was everywhere for 74.... whitfield 68.
Not sure what prices will do when lockout is lifted but it could be a masacre.

The only guy who actually "smashed it" this week is Grundy... and im one of the mugs who didnt pick him.

My problem now is my rucks of Jacobs/Naismith actually did really well and outscored grundy for 200k less cash.

.... and yet it seems like Grundy could become a $1M player in 3 weeks if everything scales accordingly.

Only way to get him is to do
Whitfield -> Bewley
Jacobs -> Grundy.

Absolutely gross on paper and something I wouldve laughed at 48hrs ago.

if Grundy wasn't must have after last night...he has to be in your team from round 2 onwards or you could actually go the whole year without a ton. Zerrett, Cogs, Danger, Dunks and Brouch were some of the safest mids to pick and they got nowhere near Grundy. Whit and Crae...nowhere near Grundy. He is on a completely different level. I know it's only one round but it's safe to say that ruck picks are the going to be the most consistent scorers because they don't spend 10+ minutes a quarter no where near the ball. It's so easy for a premo to have a quiet patch and then just completely fade out of the game.

This year sucks
910 from My 13
Cumming Dunkley green brayshaw all pox
Pod Howe did well and Grundy was nice with docherty

Have Titch captain
Sicily Roberton
Gaff Viney
Ceglar trac Simpkin Taylor
To come
Is that on track compared to everyone or behind? I normally play supercoach and the low number of quarters have made my dream team urge suffer but looking around it seems we are all in the same boat!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if Grundy wasn't must have after last night...he has to be in your team from round 2 onwards or you could actually go the whole year without a ton. Zerrett, Cogs, Danger, Dunks and Brouch were some of the safest mids to pick and they got nowhere near Grundy. Whit and Crae...nowhere near Grundy. He is on a completely different level. I know it's only one round but it's safe to say that ruck picks are the going to be the most consistent scorers because they don't spend 10+ minutes a quarter no where near the ball. It's so easy for a premo to have a quiet patch and then just completely fade out of the game.
He did play English, won’t have it that easy against any other ruckman in the league

Obviously there is a lot to digest about scoring and thankfully I am not as disaster ridden as it appeared initially. 5 sub-40 scores has you feeling like you are way off the pace, as it turns out: probably only moderately off the pace - maybe!

At this stage, I haven't looked too deeply in to it, and it remains to be seen whether I will bother really, but here is the percentage fall for teams this weekend versus their 2019 average.

The outliers are GWS and WB with massive falls and Port who have hardly dropped. Yes, they were playing the Suns but they didn't score that much against the Suns last year. Only 1597.

Rd 1 points drop.png

16/1177 have no idea if that's any good.
It probably is
1337/19+C, with Roberton, Mitchell and Taylor to come
this is not good
It might be
thinking around 1650-1750 would be par score this week? what are all your thoughts?
Well, I think of par as meaning you will hold your position rather than being one of the top scorers.

I would think 1650-1750 is very very good but who knows. It will be a lot better than I get. A miracle would get me to 1600 and I don't think are any miracles this week.

Just checked my scores after last night, hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...oh wow is that bad.

1039 with Gresham, Petracca, Nic Nat, Roberton, Titch, Bedford and C. Taylor to come.

A little message to all the players who clearly care as much as we do this season - given they probably know there's not much point putting the effort in:

Dear Dangerfield, f*ck you
Dear Brodie Smith, f*ck you
Dear Andy Brayshaw, f*ck you
Dear Isaac Cumming, f*ck you
Dear Tom Green, f*ck you
Dear Darcy Fort, f*ck you

I raged at Merrett, but he's my highest scoring mid right now on 75 (94 or so adjusted). I'm so glad I decided to check out after the Freo/Essendon game. Just gonna leave my team and watch it all burn :)

1584829178326.png

Obviously there is a lot to digest about scoring and thankfully I am not as disaster ridden as it appeared initially. 5 sub-40 scores has you feeling like you are way off the pace, as it turns out: probably only moderately off the pace - maybe!

At this stage, I haven't looked too deeply in to it, and it remains to be seen whether I will bother really, but here is the percentage fall for teams this weekend versus their 2019 average.

The outliers are GWS and WB with massive falls and Port who have hardly dropped. Yes, they were playing the Suns but they didn't score that much against the Suns last year. Only 1597.

View attachment 844462
Great analysis mate. As you say, only 1 game sample, but in a shortened season we will need to make those quick calls as we don't have the luxury of sitting on many rounds of data if we want to be in the mix.

I wonder if that is showing teams adjusting their gameplan given the shorter quarters? Adam Simpson in his media conference Friday rebuked the idea that the Eagles would be changing their gameplan for Round 1, on the basis that they hadn't had enough time to digest the rule changes yet. But we shall see.

Also good to keep in mind that Collingwood absolutely pantsed the Bulldogs, so I reckon both those sides' scores will be an anomaly this week.

Dear Dangerfield, f*ck you
Dear Brodie Smith, f*ck you
Dear Andy Brayshaw, f*ck you
Dear Isaac Cumming, f*ck you
Dear Tom Green, f*ck you
Dear Darcy Fort, f*ck you
Own them all except Fort and Dangerfield, but would also like to get my message out to a few other players

Dear Dunkley, f*ck you
Dear Brodie, f*ck you
Dear MacPherson, f*ck you

Dear English, f*ck you, but less than the others as I expect you to bounce back with 80+ next week. No excuses.

1036 with Sicily, Roberton, Mitchell, Petracca, Ceglar, Taylor to come. 1350-1400 incoming.. f*ck fantasy

Honestly feels like there’s not going to be any sort of pattern towards which players will score decent in any given weeks. Hoping I’m wrong, but scores of 50’s for our ‘premiums’ might be a norm on any given week if they have a quiet quarter. Doesn’t leave too much time to knock up a decent score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back