Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Thought I may as well get this up and running considering teams (part 1) have been named for this week.

Everyone happy with their sides? Selection causing you headaches? Captain choice for R1?
I'm pretty content with my RDT side for the moment, but am not happy with the ruck bench now that Derickx isn't playing. Hoping Currie's in the round 1 side.

My AFL Fantasy team was put together almost too easily. It really didn't feel like a challenge compared to RDT. I understand that people are playing it because of family/friends etc but I just can't take it seriously. I can't wait until everyone jumps all over any player that fires in round 1 and we end up with so many similar teams.

Both my sides are fairly similar to how I originally set them up and I have only really been swapping 3 or 4 players in and out lately. Starting to get a bit worried about my F8 and B8 positions but that's normal. Screw this split round 1 crap.

I haven't looked at the bye rounds at all with this setup. I'm going with the strategy of picking what I think is the best team and going from there.

My AFL Fantasy team was put together almost too easily. It really didn't feel like a challenge compared to RDT. I understand that people are playing it because of family/friends etc but I just can't take it seriously. I can't wait until everyone jumps all over any player that fires in round 1 and we end up with so many similar teams.

Both my sides are fairly similar to how I originally set them up and I have only really been swapping 3 or 4 players in and out lately. Starting to get a bit worried about my F8 and B8 positions but that's normal. Screw this split round 1 crap.

I haven't looked at the bye rounds at all with this setup. I'm going with the strategy of picking what I think is the best team and going from there.
Agree on AF; at the moment my team is packed with mid-pricers to take the piss a little. I found it hilarious how I could pretty much have a decent amount of premiums and still have barely any rookies. The joke will be on me if the site doesn't come back up before the matches start though. :oops:

F8 is a worry for me too but I'm less worried about B8, which is surprising. A couple picks here and there that I'm not quite sold on, but overall I'm surprisingly happy with my RDT.

Call me crazy, but I've currently got McVeigh captain against GWS over Swanny.

Should I leave it or keep calm and lock Swan?

Should I be starting Polec over either Michie & Dunstan?

Trent Cotchin had a huge pre-season, and on top of that his last 3 scores against Gold Coast have been 118, 137, 118. You'd be silly to not have captain on him, RIGHT?!

Yeah Polec has been killing it. Gotta have him on the field IMO.

Keep calm and captain loophole.

Remind me how that works? You captain someone who won't play e.g. Nankervis for me, and VC someone like Ablett/Pendles/Stanton and then if they get a huge score you leave it as is and you get your EMG of say Sandilands coming on, and if they don't have a big score, VC someone who plays next week?

Remind me how that works? You captain someone who won't play e.g. Nankervis for me, and VC someone like Ablett/Pendles/Stanton and then if they get a huge score you leave it as is and you get your EMG of say Sandilands coming on, and if they don't have a big score, VC someone who plays next week?
Pretty much, yeah. Captain Nankervis and vice captain Swan (as an example). If Swan scores something you're happy with and don't think will be beaten, keep the captaincy on Nankervis, with Sandilands coming off the bench. If you think Swan's score will be beaten by somebody that plays week 2 (Masten for example), switch the captaincy onto him once the partial lockout finishes.

Pretty much, yeah. Captain Nankervis and vice captain Swan (as an example). If Swan scores something you're happy with and don't think will be beaten, keep the captaincy on Nankervis, with Sandilands coming off the bench. If you think Swan's score will be beaten by somebody that plays week 2 (Masten for example), switch the captaincy onto him once the partial lockout finishes.

Pity I forgot to do that before the site crashed... can't even remember if I ended up going with Ablett or Stanton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having two different DTs is doing my head in.

Last night I did a final edit of my RDT and was really, really happy with it. I just did a final edit of my AFL Fantasy team, and am now headed back to RDT to make more changes because I'm no longer happy with it.

Having two different DTs is doing my head in.

Last night I did a final edit of my RDT and was really, really happy with it. I just did a final edit of my AFL Fantasy team, and am now headed back to RDT to make more changes because I'm no longer happy with it.

I never liked the rules for Fantasy from the start, and I really don't like the idea of having two different sides to deal with.

I've much preferred pouring all my effort into Classic DT.

I never liked the rules for Fantasy from the start, and I really don't like the idea of having two different sides to deal with.

I've much preferred pouring all my effort into Classic DT.
I do an Ultimate Footy keeper league, NBA fantasy, DT and RDT, so I've probably bitten off more than I can chew, haha. I'm not really taking AF that seriously though; RDT is absolutely my top priority.

I do an Ultimate Footy keeper league, NBA fantasy, DT and RDT, so I've probably bitten off more than I can chew, haha. I'm not really taking AF that seriously though; RDT is absolutely my top priority.
What's your Real DT side looking like?

I'll show you mine if you show me yours :)

What's your Real DT side looking like?

I'll show you mine if you show me yours :)
Sorry mate, not a fan of posting teams this close to R1 (especially when I'm in BF leagues). Still putting the final touches on it anyway. :p

I won't have that luxury in Real DT.

Must keep calm and lock pig, must keep calm and lock pig....

You should be able to use your R4 as the captain loophole (put him on the field as captain). By all rights all your mids should be playing, including bench. The R4 position is going to be the only position that everyone is likely to have as a non-playing rookie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back