Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside 50k :(

Having said that not worried about Rd1 rank too much. Looking back at last year i scored 15pts more (half the gap if i put the C on Danger instead of Fyfe for example) for a Rd1 rank of ~42k, which closed to not far outside top 2k by the end as well as good success in my main league. Seems i start slow, so not too concerned at this stage, just gotta back my gut and make sound decisions. Onwards and upwards.

Look who crawled out of the woodwork with his big flashy score:p
Edit :You're back baby!!

Thought it was time to show my face around here. LOL!

Happy with the start but would have been nice to crack 3000.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see a lot of trades required for this team.

Hope not mate. LOL!

I know I have a few risky picks (Higgins, Beams, etc) but I am quite confident in my team setup/selections and think I am in for a good year. :cool:

Hope not mate. LOL!

I know I have a few risky picks (Higgins, Beams, etc) but I am quite confident in my team setup/selections and think I am in for a good year. :cool:
Just pullin' ya pisser mate.

JM IS GONNA WIN SC THIS YEAR!!!!!

NO PICKETT AND NO SMITH!!!! ;)

Gee I hope so mate. Could do with the cash! :D:thumbsu:

Good to have ya back , Solid team as usual :thumbsu:

Cheers mate. I am pretty happy with it too. Needs a couple of rookie tweaks and then it will be sweet. :rainbow:

It's JM He's probably already traded them out .

LOL! If I had them I would have traded them out already. But JM is getting wise in his older years and didn't pick Smith and Pickett this season. :)

Last edited:
It's a total gamble with the cheap rookies.....I mean....who the glory be had heard of Mitch Hannan and Dan Houston? Absolutely nobody was talking about them! EVW who did great in the JLT and was in everyone's side didn't even end up playing! Hibberd, Pickett and Eddy were also in just about everyone's team and none of them even cracked 30!

Troy Menzel - 81
Sam Petrevski-Seton - 59
Ben Ainsworth - 79
Riley Knight - 78
Andrew McGrath - 83
Will Hoskin-Elliot - 88
Jarrod Witts - 81
Caleb Marchbank - 97

All worth their price. Stupid not to have had at-least 1 of them in your side.
Nobody seemed to have McGrath in their side. He was the #1 draft pick for a reason.

I think you're spot on with this. Often the higher-priced guys are overvalued, but given how little value the lower-priced rookies are giving, they're probably worth the extra cash. There's already a few JS worries for quite a few of the cheaper rookies.

Some of these rookies will regress to the mean a bit, but I'm not sure which rookies will breakout as none have looked really comfortable yet. Josh Smith looked reasonable, but got injured but lots looked out of their depth - and more than usual.

I'm hoping the clubs will give them a few games to really get up to speed. Taranto dominated the JLT series but didn't get much of it but I reckon with a few games he'll find his way a bit more. Especially up against the Suns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back