Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So this is only my 2nd year playing SC. Last year I was talked into playing SC at the last minute and slapped a team together with literally 2 hours to go until the first bounce. I was told to put Kerridge and Weitering in my team and that's it. I had no idea what other rookies were even playing so I just filled my bench with rookies who mostly didn't even play and had to be traded out over the next 5 or so weeks. I believe I started with Simpson, Dangerfield, Gray and Franklin while the rest of my team was filled with random mid-pricers. I got kind of lucky with Daniel Talia who made 200 grand and averaged a decent score but the rest of my picks were just players I liked rather than good SC choices and it was a bit of a disaster. With such a s**t start it took half the season to re-jig my side to something half way decent and by that point it was far too late and I'd ran out of trades. Total write off.

This year I was prepared.....I guess. I've been on BigFooty for a few years now but only came across the SC forum maybe halfway through last season. You guys know your s**t so I've just been reading and learning for a while now. I think I have a pretty good idea how SC works now. This year I've been reading through threads since early February and am familiar with who the good (supposedly) rookies are and which premo players are the best and most popular picks. Mid-price madness is so tempting but the GnR strategy is by most accounts the smartest way to go so that's what I've done.

This is how some of my premos performed in round 1:

Fyfe - 108
Treloar - 96
Grundy - 82
Dalhouse - 85
Gunston - 68

Hannebery - 52

And of course, the only rookies who scored well for me were Dan Butler and SPP. Every other rookie scored 20s and 30s, several of which were on the field and one of which is injured and now has to be traded out.

In the end I got a modest 2072. Could've been worse. Thankfully Captain Dangerfield, Adams, Simpson, Heater, The Bont, Bernie, Gawn and my savior JJK dragged me over the line. If my other premos had gotten even respectable scores then I would've done considerably better. I think I selected a pretty good team but unfortunately I had some s**t luck, but then again, everyone does at some point. It's unrealistic to expect every premo to fire every single week but I could live with 2 premos under-performing (Fyfe - 108, Treloar - 96) but not 6 and not 2 getting scores under 80 (Gunston - 68, Hannebery - 52).

Anyone who can't cut the mustard can hit the bricks. 2 s**t scores in a row and you're out! No more Robbie Gray's, Sam Mitchell's, Taylor Walker's and Elliot Yeo's this season for me. Perform or GAGF.

Last edited:
Chances of Nank and Steele being keepers?

Fwiw I don't have either, looking at getting them both this week.

Think they will both be keepers in the forward line. Steele will be F6 at worst.

Not sure about the Nank in either line but best bet would be a forward. Hard to judge rucks this year. Apart from Gawn no one seems a certainty.

Best thing for him, they should of done it before Xmas.
Hope he can get the help that he needs.
As long as "Chicky" doesn't make any contact

IMG_1353.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best thing for him, they should of done it before Xmas.
Hope he can get the help that he needs.
He'll have easier access to drugs inside than he would out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back