Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any chance Weitering is not a KPD next week? In the spirit of my previous post, I too want to avoid being too reactionary. I picked him because signs were good; does one week change that? I think this indicates that we can't rely on him long-term, but maybe he plays a more freed-up role next week? I haven't looked at who they're playing yet though...

All out for 2163.

I have some nice bench scores to come onto the field this week, rookies are looking solid.

Three problems to address:

Luke McDonald (54). Alex Neal-Bullen (53). No Tim English at R3.

Would love to see McDonald (unfit, alcoholic spud) and ANB (must be playing forward) out for better scorers, although I may need to hold 1 and bring in English.

2rzvvxd.png

xbcnpf.png

Changes: Barry on bench, Holman on ground.

Trade suggestions?

What trades are we thinkin' of peeps?

DPP has proved its value again, and I'm looking at switching Sicily forward, getting in Bonner and Lobbe (on bench to generate funds if Kreuzer is out for an extended time) in for Rory Lobb and Christensen with Fritsch on field and English on the forward line bench

Last edited:
Can't say I saw this coming but after the worst start I can ever recall having (I was @ 199/4 with Lambert, Weitering, Zerrett, and Devon Smith), I am actually feeling a bit better about things. Finished on 2049. Cogs helped quite a bit. So not great, but not as season-endingly bad as I assumed either (hopefully).

Missed out on more than 100 points by having higher scoring rooks on the pine, so that sucked. Going on previous years, I will inevitably make the wrong decision next week too. (I had Holman benched and Andrew Brayshaw on field, but I feel like I need to hold there? Thoughts? Picked Murphy over Doedee though, and I think that's an easy switch to Doedee. Right?)

Interested to see how many of you all ended up with NN too. I did. Was definitely put off by the staunch "no way"s coming from The Traders, but once English was named there was an easy R3 (Preuss: The Sequel) and it just seemed like a no-brainer to me. But I suspect there are more NN owners here than the pre-season talk would have indicated.

Can’t win with rookies. Freo back home this week so logic dictates Brayshaw should bounce back and be less of a spud. Conditions were good for Holman to score well so maybe he may go lower this week. So I’ll probably keep Brayshaw on field but won’t be surprised if Holman and Barry outscore him again.

What trades are we thinkin' of peeps?

DPP has proved its value again, and I'm looking at switching Sicily forward, getting in Bonner and Lobbe (on bench to generate funds if Kreuzer is out for an extended time) in for Rory Lobb and Christensen with Fritsch on field and English on the forward line bench
Yep thinking similar. Sic Dawg proving to be more and more valuable (watch him spud up this week haha). Should I go Bonner or spend up and get Simpson? Bonner dropped off in the second half and scored like a normal rookie. I doubt he will repeat his first half against Sydney, won’t get nearly as much space.

Is there any chance Weitering is not a KPD next week? In the spirit of my previous post, I too want to avoid being too reactionary. I picked him because signs were good; does one week change that? I think this indicates that we can't rely on him long-term, but maybe he plays a more freed-up role next week? I haven't looked at who they're playing yet though...
They play gold coast. Would not surprise me one bit if he played KPD again considering GC's talls in the forward line. I didn't have the balls to go through with the Weitering pick but picked him up in a draft league and he is 100% being traded out this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hibberd decided to fist me in the clacka (unconsenting) so he's going to make way for K. Simpson.

Zerrett has now had 3 bad knocks to the noggin in just over a month (internal trail, JLT and round 1). So i'm considering trading him for Coniglio as i fear he may become like Jelwood and get KO'd somewhat frequently. Anyone else feeling something similar?

Jacobs and Bellchambers went to war on Friday scoring almost identical numbers. Is Bellchambers potentially someone we've overlooked?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back