Discussion Round 1 Discussion

TheRednWhite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Hahahahah I picked up devin Robertson knowing he wasn’t playing so I could take pickett’s 60...what happens next..Birchall out and Robertson in...in coming another sub 40 score.
do I get Robertson in for Starcevitch? Both will be in my bench but who will survive in the team longer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheRednWhite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
mercy rule invoked for some, funnily enough I was actually on track for one of the better scores in div 1. Anyway, with so much certainty this season, this same team could score 200 pts less next week when it's time for some of my good premos to spud up (Cripps)

Kenny_01

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
1650. Dangerfield and Curnow annoyed. As well as most my mid pricers but I think most the popular picks struggled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SELFCONFESDAFLNERD

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
1608, i thought was going to be a terrible round with lots of my uniques scoring shit but the more popular options were equally as bad so i managed to just crack the top 500 - i finished 500th.

Ill focus on the positives

Grundy (C)
T.Adams
Doch
Petracca
Dusty

Thats about it

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
I don't want to look

Grundy and Adams were about the only 2 picks who did anything tonning up

Dusty and Doc the only others who got 90+

Crisp, Smith, Brayspudmk2, Macpherson, Tom Green and a few other rookies were all massive letdowns

Bandicoot

Premiership Player
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat, Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Whatever could go wrong last week, did.
When it was obvious that Jack Steven wasn't going to play the only player who I thought had the potential for an 80 point game around that price was Tom Lynch. He gives me 22.
Grundy had been my R1 ever since the comp opened. It was either Jacobs or Naismith as R2. Even though I knew that Grundy would tear apart the paper doll called English I was looking at the longer view as I felt both Jacobs and Naismith represented great value. So I traded Grundy out. Naismith and Jacobs did exactly what I hoped they would in basically scoring 100 in the old. BUT, with all the spare cash I now had, I upgraded Noble (67) to Crisp (59) and upgraded Neale (108) to Whitfield (68).
So, I not only lost 34 by not having Grundy but also lost 48 on my supposed UPgrades. In addition to that Grundy would have been my VC whereas I ended up with Coniglio's 74 as captain. A loss of a further 40 points.
If I were to add that 122 to my score it still would have been a very poor start to the year - 1551.
But, surely Dunkley, B Smith, Coniglio, Cumming, Brayshaw, Green, Whitfield, Greenwood and Roberton will not all score so terribly at the same time again.

Last edited:

SELFCONFESDAFLNERD

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Whatever could go wrong last week, did.
When it was obvious that Jack Steven wasn't going to play the only player who I thought had the potential for an 80 point game around that price was Tom Lynch. He gives me 22.
Grundy had been my R1 ever since the comp opened. It was either Jacobs or Naismith as R2. Even though I knew that Grundy would tear apart the paper doll called English I was looking at the longer view as I felt both Jacobs and Naismith represented great value. So I traded Grundy out. Naismith and Jacobs did exactly what I hoped they would in basically scoring 100 in the old. BUT, with all the spare cash I now had, I upgraded Noble (67) to Crisp (59) and upgraded Neale (108) to Whitfield (68).
So, I not only lost 34 by not having Grundy but also lost 48 on my supposed UPgrades. In addition to that Grundy would have been my VC whereas I ended up with Coniglio's 74 as captain. A loss of a further 40 points.
If I were to add that 122 to my score it still would have been a very poor start to the year - 1551.
But, surely Dunkley, B Smith, Coniglio, Cumming, Brayshaw, Green, Whitfield, Greenwood and Roberton will not all score so terribly at the same time again.
Yep, I think the safe money would be on last round being the lowest scoring of the season, if we get a season.

Top Bottom