Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
So Kreuzer's injured for 16 weeks but will probably be available for round 2.
What a joke the world has become.

Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
1636. It's amazing how a completely s**t score can get me around 200th place.

69 days to think about my trades...

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Whatever could go wrong last week, did.
When it was obvious that Jack Steven wasn't going to play the only player who I thought had the potential for an 80 point game around that price was Tom Lynch. He gives me 22.
Grundy had been my R1 ever since the comp opened. It was either Jacobs or Naismith as R2. Even though I knew that Grundy would tear apart the paper doll called English I was looking at the longer view as I felt both Jacobs and Naismith represented great value. So I traded Grundy out. Naismith and Jacobs did exactly what I hoped they would in basically scoring 100 in the old. BUT, with all the spare cash I now had, I upgraded Noble (67) to Crisp (59) and upgraded Neale (108) to Whitfield (68).
So, I not only lost 34 by not having Grundy but also lost 48 on my supposed UPgrades. In addition to that Grundy would have been my VC whereas I ended up with Coniglio's 74 as captain. A loss of a further 40 points.
If I were to add that 122 to my score it still would have been a very poor start to the year - 1551.
But, surely Dunkley, B Smith, Coniglio, Cumming, Brayshaw, Green, Whitfield, Greenwood and Roberton will not all score so terribly at the same time again.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Whatever could go wrong last week, did.
When it was obvious that Jack Steven wasn't going to play the only player who I thought had the potential for an 80 point game around that price was Tom Lynch. He gives me 22.
Grundy had been my R1 ever since the comp opened. It was either Jacobs or Naismith as R2. Even though I knew that Grundy would tear apart the paper doll called English I was looking at the longer view as I felt both Jacobs and Naismith represented great value. So I traded Grundy out. Naismith and Jacobs did exactly what I hoped they would in basically scoring 100 in the old. BUT, with all the spare cash I now had, I upgraded Noble (67) to Crisp (59) and upgraded Neale (108) to Whitfield (68).
So, I not only lost 34 by not having Grundy but also lost 48 on my supposed UPgrades. In addition to that Grundy would have been my VC whereas I ended up with Coniglio's 74 as captain. A loss of a further 40 points.
If I were to add that 122 to my score it still would have been a very poor start to the year - 1551.
But, surely Dunkley, B Smith, Coniglio, Cumming, Brayshaw, Green, Whitfield, Greenwood and Roberton will not all score so terribly at the same time again.
Yep, I think the safe money would be on last round being the lowest scoring of the season, if we get a season.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Seems likely that we will get a season now given the current state of things, which is obviously fantastic news. I'm really not sure what changes will be made (if any) so its hard to plan but if no changes are made to the total number of trades, it will be a tough season and i for one would welcome the challenge.

Back