Unofficial Preview Round 1 Early Thoughts: Sydney v Port Adelaide @ SCG, Sat 25-Mar 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll back the young fellas in to get the job done. I remember some swans fans were in hysteria last year at the thought of Paps and Hewitt playing (not on this site).

Let's not forget, JLT was all about trying different structures and (I believe) deliberately putting players in difficult situations so they learn how to respond for the real thing when it inevitably happens. I suppose we will find out on Sat arvo. Chill out tho, it's the first game of the year and it's a bloody long season!

we are a key defender short... we are playing three medium defenders (laidler, marsh and rampe). laidler and marsh are slow and can't kick. is the horse meat going to play reid back? then marsh and laidler can alternate on the bench for the whole match when we could of had a midfielder in.

I'll back the young fellas in to get the job done. I remember some swans fans were in hysteria last year at the thought of Paps and Hewitt playing (not on this site).

Let's not forget, JLT was all about trying different structures and (I believe) deliberately putting players in difficult situations so they learn how to respond for the real thing when it inevitably happens. I suppose we will find out on Sat arvo. Chill out tho, it's the first game of the year and it's a bloody long season!

Should get it done v this rabble

Swans by 30

we are a key defender short... we are playing three medium defenders (laidler, marsh and rampe). laidler and marsh are slow and can't kick. is the horse meat going to play reid back? then marsh and laidler can alternate on the bench for the whole match when we could of had a midfielder in.

Marsh is a fairly average footballer but pace is his main strength...has genuine wheels. Would be in the top handful at the club over 100m.

Marsh is a fairly average footballer but pace is his main strength...has genuine wheels. Would be in the top handful at the club over 100m.

i've never seen him use it in an afl match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know your thin on deepth when s bloke like foote is getting a game

Far from AFL standard
Well Foote is playing for the 2016 minor premiers.

In the best 22 available for round 1.

Just sit back & enjoy the learning curve he is being put on!
He's just played 1 senior game for Christ's sake.

I'm loving that Towers is in as well.
Must be killing you guys following the Swans ATM!

He he he he..........

Well Foote is playing for the 2016 minor premiers.

In the best 22 available for round 1.

Just sit back & enjoy the learning curve he is being put on!
He's just played 1 senior game for Christ's sake.

I'm loving that Towers is in as well.
Must be killing you guys following the Swans ATM!

He he he he..........

I'm not counting Foote out. I like the look of him but he didn't do anything to warrant selection even if he was being experimented with in the JLT. Then there's a clear vacancy for a defender with Aliir out and Melican misses out despite 3 solid preseason games. Just strange decisions by Horse.

Had them all in the GF too mate. Agree we should win but a big year for Port and they will be hellbent on setting a standard in rd 1 they can hang their hat on for the year. Will not be a walk in the park.

Their non-GF form is miles better than anything Port will throw at us.
Port is also a team of pea-hearts, they will turn it up the second it gets too hard.

I'm not counting Foote out. I like the look of him but he didn't do anything to warrant selection even if he was being experimented with in the JLT. Then there's a clear vacancy for a defender with Aliir out and Melican misses out despite 3 solid preseason games. Just strange decisions by Horse.

I guess they wanted a fractionally more seasoned player. Just a thought.

Their non-GF form is miles better than anything Port will throw at us.
Port is also a team of pea-hearts, they will turn it up the second it gets too hard.
I think there are a few with great courage & determination. Boak, Wines & Gray in particular. Hartlett too. Reckon that PepperPowell kid is a beast.

They got stitched up somewhat (the knew the risk taking him on tho) with Ryder out last season too. They prob hadn't planned his absence as they should've but reckon he's a huge uplift in their performance ceiling.

I reckon they will be ok. I've got them around the middle of the ladder at years end.

I guess they wanted a fractionally more seasoned player. Just a thought.

I think one thing Foote has going for him is he seems to go OK in tight games. Last year against the Blues on his debut, the NEAFL GF, the North game and the Saints game in the JLT series. In all cases he did some good things late in the game when it mattered. Just reckon we could have benefitted from someone like Edwards or Melican a little more, bit more of a role to play than a kind of defensive mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back