AFL Toast Round 1: Essendon 99 to Adelaide 87

Remove this Banner Ad

Douglas’ intent was at the highest level and it was completely to hurt Merrett because he was clearly pissed off from earlier incident. Deserves 3-4 weeks.

Douglas’ intent was at the highest level and it was completely to hurt Merrett because he was clearly pissed off from earlier incident. Deserves 3-4 weeks.

I am really glad somebody else has mentioned this. I hope this isn't forgotten in the tribunal process.

I don't think it deserves 3-4 weeks but perhaps 2 down to 1.

The funny part is those saying he caught the shoulder. The only reason he partly glanced it was because Merrett turned to protect himself at the very last second long after Douglas had lined his head up. If Merrett hadn’t turned it would have been right on top of his like Carcellas neck breaking bump.
You don't get concussed if you get hit in the shoulder.

Hooker is threatening to monster the competition right now. He took 9 marks against good defenders, dropped 3 and had 1 disallowed because Stewart gave away a free kick. His movement and positioning are back to his best.

He is going to get a lot of quick ball and teams are not going to be able to double-team him either.

Essendon officials tend to think the head injury was a result of whiplash according to Whateley.

What are we trying to do here win the bloody Nobel Peace prize??!!

I’m thinking calling in some of Bomber Thompson’s tenants and our Mother Theresa officials are talking whiplash!??

Seriously that was a hard enough hit to knock him out for longer than 10 seconds with full intent of hitting the guy.

Merrett has already missed majority of one game and possibly a second. Dogass deserves minimum 2 weeks...plus a visit from Bomber’s mates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(from saad thread

t8BiZE3.jpg
Watch that pathetic sniper douglas jump out the way of the Dea sheppard.

Picks and chooses when he wants body contact. Weak dog

What are we trying to do here win the bloody Nobel Peace prize??!!

I’m thinking calling in some of Bomber Thompson’s tenants and our Mother Theresa officials are talking whiplash!??

Seriously that was a hard enough hit to knock him out for longer than 10 seconds with full intent of hitting the guy.

Merrett has already missed majority of one game and possibly a second. Dogass deserves minimum 2 weeks...plus a visit from Bomber’s mates.

Hope he doesn’t miss need him again Freo

Agree.
Gone back over the replay live and in slow motion and in my opinion Douglas:
-Ran past the ball intentionally electing to bump Merrett.
-Made initial contact to the side of Merrett’s head with his elbow.
-Followed through with his elbow, showing an intent to drive as much force as possible into the blow.
-Force was high enough to cause concussion and have Merrett bleeding internally in his mouth causing him to be sidelined for the rest of the game.
If it is deemed intentional, high impact, high contact then that’s 3+ weeks and sent to the tribunal.
Though I have a feeling they will say it is “careless” and not intentional giving him 2 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back