Preview Round 1: Essendon vs Fremantle, Docklands, Saturday 21/03/20, 2:10 PM AEDT

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could see Francis play forward this week, he doesn't really have an obvious match up down back as I'd rather Ridley go to Sturt.

TBC a walk-up start? Very Essendon.

I'll say I am not even remotely surprise but I am thinking about explanations.

The esteem in which he has been held for his entire career is discombobulating. If he was a Nankervis type of player who's really just a s**t truck but who battles so hard he is effective I could understand it but Bellchambers is the opposite of that player.

You were telling everyone Gleeson was a sure thing and implying people were stupid thinking he might be left out, behind Ridley. What happened?
I said that I'd play both. I said that he was the best medium defender at the club and I maintain that he is.

Has our game time moved? AFL app and Bombers app both saying 2:10 start. Checked earlier today and it said 1:45.

I think they may have changed it as the game after ours is now showing as 5:05 start. With the shorter quarters, maybe to keep the games closer to being back to back.

You just dont walk back into the club and expect to be selected do you????
We picked Bellchambers.

McKenna has played more footy than him this year.

TBC selection is bizarre, even more so with Smack out as Phillips is far more capable of rucking all day.

I’m predicting this will hurt us on Saturday. I just can’t see TBC being anything other than a liability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, was always going to happen. He will be so slow and will be blown away if he is solo ruck all day.
Never fear, you still have the Golden God ;).

Bellchambers. What sorcery is this? All it shows me is that I really have no idea what the selectors are looking for during the preseason games.

...and what of McKenna? Jesus Christ, he came back, all should be forgiven.

Sigh Bellchambers, Laverde and no McKenna. Even when the world is ending Essendon still find a way to piss me off.
Normally when a team is missing their 2 best key defenders like Freo you'd think we'd get some kind of advantage but somehow we play no key forwards to make up for it.

All I can say is we had better bloody win.

confused why you even quoted me then?

i said there will be no revenue if games are not played.

i guess your just saying what im saying?

Fair enough, I thought you were referring to if the game was played without crowds.

Many of the AFL clubs staff are volunteers and many of the umps have jobs as i found out one day when i was in the city and found myself sitting next to Razor Ray waffling on about what a finance wizz he thinks he is.

Last edited:
Bellchambers. What sorcery is this? All it shows me is that I really have no idea what the selectors are looking for during the preseason games.

...and what of McKenna? Jesus Christ, he came back, all should be forgiven.

mckenna had a slightly interrupted preseason maybe you remember

Snelling, Guelfi, Townsend and Smith in the side together shows you will get picked for team first, tackle happy, high pressure footy. One of the hardest things to watch last year was how easily teams would carve us up on the rebound, so if we force stoppages in our half of the ground im happy. Im glad Laverde stayed in too after a solid pre season. Gleeson missing out on a spot at a time when Hooker and Ambrose are injured is worrying for him. Ridley has been better but i thought there would be room for both. Phillips is very unlucky, not much more he could've done to get a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back