VFL Game Day Round 1: Essendon vs GWS, The Hangar, Sunday 26/03/23 @ 2:05 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon play the Giants in their first VFL game of the year in a year where they're hoping to start climbing the ladder again. The Giants finished 2 points ahead of Essendon last year, but the Bombers have recruited excellently in key areas of the ground.

Possible side:

FB: Rhett Montgomerie - Lewis Hayes - Alastair Lord
HB: Nick Hind - Kaine Baldwin - Massimo D'Ambrosio
MF: Sam Conforti - Billy Cootee - Tom Phillips
HF: Matt Guelfi - Patrick Voss - Brad Bernacki
FF: Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - Cian McBride - Tex Wanganeen
OB: Nick Bryan - Ben Hobbs - Stefan Rasinac
IC: Brad Lynch - Quinton Narkle - John Jorgenson - Jake Sutton
23P: Jack Cleaver

I reckon we get them. Shithouse scheduling though.

Also only 9 AFL listed players for the Giants compared to our 12, which probably ends up as 13 as I expect one of Snelling, Guelfi or D'Ambrosio to play.

14 VFL debutants to 5 for us (one of which is Montgomerie)

Might drive down this Sunday just to see Stringer and Munkara.

It'll be interesting to see who plays on Cadman. I would put Hayes on him and McBride on Derksen with Baldwin on O'Connor (if he plays forward, which would surprise me).

Did Hayes and Cadman ever go H2H last year andleanback eDPS?

It'll be interesting to see who plays on Cadman. I would put Hayes on him and McBride on Derksen with Baldwin on O'Connor (if he plays forward, which would surprise me).

Shame it’s on at at 2pm Sunday, would definitely go watch if it was tomorrow
They might’ve played on each other in the final champs game but my memory is a bit hazy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame it’s on at at 2pm Sunday, would definitely go watch if it was tomorrow
They might’ve played on each other in the final champs game but my memory is a bit hazy
Would be exciting, best key forward against second best key defender in the draft class head to head.

Yeah I'm thinking I'd prefer to see the 2s this week.

I wanna see my boy play.

They didn't really. Weddle got Cadman, Hayes kinda played on Humphrey at least after quarter time and then went to Harley Reid in the last.

Is it easy to go to a game at the Hangar? I think I'd prefer to go see Munkara and then go home and watch the senior on the telly.
Driving yes, PT no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back