Game Day Round 1 Fantasy - Matchday Discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ended on 2048, ranked 162nd!
And still have $230k in the bank!

My highest overall rank ever!!

But, oh what could of been is Gaff was half decent for more than 10min!!!

+3's to Markov, Flynn, Gulden, Hind and Caldwell.

-3's to Grundy, JDG and Gaff

Last edited:

Looks like I've finished at a ranking of 1397 with a score of 1973. (like others, could have been better, but 1st round is hard to get the rookies right)

TBH I'm pretty stoked with that, highest start for me (only 2nd year) and running a 3 rookie ruck line

Started with 10 rookies on the field and whilst it'd be great if they all did it again I'm not expecting it. However the cash gen should be fairly substantial.

Now comes the hardest part, using the trades wisely.

Wowowow, ended up on 2059 and ranked 108!!! Um what?! Can't complain about that!

Luckiest move was the gametime decision of going Daniel over Stewart.

Biggest rookie miss was Jordon. Would've been a much better option than Meek.

JClark a bit disappointing, but I'm happy enough to give him another week. Geelong board seem confident he'll hold his spot - with Danger, Menegola and maybe Duncan out.

Thanks to those with the wise calm words who cautioned against making the panicked mid-round ruck moves after the Gawndy poor showings. I had been strongly considering dumping Witts and Markov for Hunter and Lloyd/Stewart - that would've sucked hard.

Only forced trade is Danger. So I'm currently thinking:

Danger + BCampbell -- Stephenson + Caldwell

... Although Bailey Smith is very tempting also.

2001. Happy with every premium I picked which is real rare for me. Green and Clark the only -3's (and Danger for the bump I guess).

Only disappointment was the rookie selections on field really. Only one I actually got right was Flynn. Benched 3 rookies that outscored every single one of the ones I fielded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some really good ranks and scores in here, congratulations to those of you!

Not quite as good with me, finished with 1803. I had Gawn/Grundy with Gawn as my captain, copped the Matty Rowell injury, had Jordan, Rowe and Flynn all on my bench and one of my POD’s in Tom Green played really poor.

I do feel I was a little bit of luck away and a better captain/rookies selected and things could’ve been much better so I certainly won’t let me head get down. I cannot wait for lockdown to finish so I can get on the trades, I’m going to stick strong with my premo ruck combo though!

1918 here - with Rowell sadly. Had points on the bench in every line, although Flynn in R3 was an unlikely scorer this week..... Not sure he repeats it every week.. But good value generation...

Some shuffling around in the rooks, then figure out how to deal with Danger, Rowell, Clark and get Rowe in.... With 2 trades....

2031 and 326

shame that Lloyd did s**t imagine of he goes 120

Webster did poorly blame the weather

Clark and Danger become macrae and Rowe

Plus 300k in the kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back