Game Day Round 1 Fantasy - Matchday Discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
rank 451

With none playing in the last game, I expected to drift out past 1k but Gaff being pathetic and Rowell injured meant I didn't lose as much ground.

Feel for those with Rowell, really unlucky.

Good: Daniel, Laird, Zach, Crae, TT, Gluden, Caldwell, Hind
Bad: Clark, Hunter, Grundy, JDG

1932 for me which ranks me around 3,400 but like many others here could have been in the top few hundred if I’d made better bench/field decisions.

Still happy enough with my team though. Avoided the DeGoey DeBacle, dodged the Rowell bullet and missed a few of the other under performers (many of which spent A LOT of time in my side during the pre season).

Only forced trade at this stage is Danger

Hinkley is suggesting that Rozee could be back next week - so some attention to who misses from Port's side will be needed...
With Rowell and Danger forced outs i am going to be going in to the weekend blind with teams and no trades for any other outs... Could get messy fast

Bonner out for Port could save a few

Hinkley is suggesting that Rozee could be back next week - so some attention to who misses from Port's side will be needed...
I think all my attention now turns to when certain teams are playing and what rookies I have from those teams.

We're all gonna be slaughtered by this late team naming at some point. It's the worst (and would see an end to my fantasy days if it stayed forever)

rank 451

With none playing in the last game, I expected to drift out past 1k but Gaff being pathetic and Rowell injured meant I didn't lose as much ground.

Ripper start for the year for you. May it be a sign of things to come.
Still keen for a heads up on your intended trades each week though.;)

Hartlett due back too?

Wasn't mentioned in the article I saw, but from what I heard during the match - I don't think he's far away. Just for those with Bergman (for example), you might need to be careful, although he was good.

With Rowell and Danger forced outs i am going to be going in to the weekend blind with teams and no trades for any other outs... Could get messy fast

Bonner out for Port could save a few

Agree, Bonner out could work for next week, but Port have a few good players missing and Rocky was the sub - so he'll want to squeeze back in the 22 at some point.

I think all my attention now turns to when certain teams are playing and what rookies I have from those teams.

We're all gonna be slaughtered by this late team naming at some point. It's the worst (and would see an end to my fantasy days if it stayed forever)

Yep, which is why I may hold making changes (like Danger and Rowell) until I see how things unfold during the weekend's announcements.... It's not enjoyable, I'd much rather lock things in on Friday.

Wasn't mentioned in the article I saw, but from what I heard during the match - I don't think he's far away. Just for those with Bergman (for example), you might need to be careful, although he was good.

Agree, Bonner out could work for next week, but Port have a few good players missing and Rocky was the sub - so he'll want to squeeze back in the 22 at some point.

Yep, which is why I may hold making changes (like Danger and Rowell) until I see how things unfold during the weekend's announcements.... It's not enjoyable, I'd much rather lock things in on Friday.
There's a cost involved in being aware and able to trade when teams are announced, notwithstanding the fact that early decisions have to be made before the latter teams are named. There's not many who have the time to be switched on to the team announcements which has a detrimental effect on how the game is played.

The cost for me is reduced work and family time if I concentrate on the team announcements.

Not good!

There's a cost involved in being aware and able to trade when teams are announced, notwithstanding the fact that early decisions have to be made before the latter teams are named. There's not many who have the time to be switched on to the team announcements which has a detrimental effect on how the game is played.

The cost for me is reduced work and family time if I concentrate on the team announcements.

Not good!

Completely agree. I don’t want to be the guy that is constantly on his phone all weekend and not present in family/friend time because I’m too busy checking announcements and late outs. It’s exhausting doing it for a week letalone a season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ended up scraping over 2000 and am ranked 240 odd. Stoked with that. Caldwell looks like a must have but how many bombers players is too many? Rowe also looks like a big rookie miss by me. Avoided Danger luckily! Markov looked unreal against our mob. Seemed Powell didn't turn out to be the greater pick of the two

Not good!
So true. I found it hard enough to keep on top of those bullshit medical subs this week alone (eg both Hawks and North announced debuts during the week, only for them to start with the vest 60 minutes before the bounce).

It's pretty unsustainable to be waiting on team drops for 3 or 4 nights a week across 5 months. If you get unlucky, any late change could really screw you over.

rank 451

I’m 469 and finished on 2018 so there’s 1 point between 18 spots. A single handball.

Completely agree. I don’t want to be the guy that is constantly on his phone all weekend and not present in family/friend time because I’m too busy checking announcements and late outs. It’s exhausting doing it for a week letalone a season
So much this. It considerably more fun locking in your trades with the teams annnounced Thurs/Fri and setting sail for the weekend.
I work night shift and cost myself sleep time checking my phone. It's pretty bad.

Ended up on 1971 and a ranking of 1480.

Genuinely surprised to finish that high seeing as I managed to field 3 of the biggest spuds in ROB, Atkins and Clark.

Also hurt having Jordon, Rowe and Flynn warming the bench.

Very lucky that my Caldwell, Hind, Drew and Markov picks paid off in spades.

Danger the obvious out, thinking I'll bring in Stephenson or maybe Zwill also tempted to go ROB to Gawn.

Ended up scraping over 2000 and am ranked 240 odd. Stoked with that. Caldwell looks like a must have but how many bombers players is too many? Rowe also looks like a big rookie miss by me. Avoided Danger luckily! Markov looked unreal against our mob. Seemed Powell didn't turn out to be the greater pick of the two
Yeah I have my eye on both Caldwell and Smith but don’t think I’ll get either looking a bit deeper. I have Merrett/Hind and Macrae/Dunks already. Those two games on the weekend were high scoring fantasy wise and I don’t think that spread of points will happen that often. Still think I’d prefer Caldwell to Hind just due to Caldwells increased scoring options (tackles). That’s why I’m content with Serong at the moment despite his underwhelming first round. He’s unique in terms of team he plays for. Danger out and Williams in are looking like the moves for me this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back