Preview Round 1 - Fremantle vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't agree. His junior footy was littered with high flying spectacular marks. The mark in the 18's carnival was far from a one-off.
I think is one off , if liam Ryan improve his beep test I will take him as small forward compare to croz. 5 year in a professional system is a long time .

Ah yes, a training watcher reported that on one occasion Ross blasted Crozier for not playing the percentages, therefore it is public record that Ross instructed Crozier and McPharlin to not fly for grabs. :rolleyes:

"I am 100% certain it is public record that Ross has instructed at least Crozier and McPharlin to not fly for grabs as it is not the percentage play."

Seriously? You're usually better than that mate.
Ross quite literally publicly instructed Crozier not to fly for hangers. Don't know how it could be any more clear cut on that one. It would also be logical to assume that that is his approach for all players, especially defenders...

The Mcpharlin one was something he (McPharlin) said in a newspaper interview of some sort, the question was 'why don't you go for grabs any more' and his response was along the lines of 'it ain't the team thing to do.' Interestingly a quick google shows 0 results for Luke Mcpharlin mark of the year nominations after 2011.... conspicuous timing.

Honestly it should be self evident to all that Lyon is all about percentages and structure etc and that rules out certain parts of the game that he would deem unnecessary.

Ross quite literally publicly instructed Crozier not to fly for hangers. Don't know how it could be any more clear cut on that one. It would also be logical to assume that that is his approach for all players, especially defenders...

The Mcpharlin one was something he (McPharlin) said in a newspaper interview of some sort, the question was 'why don't you go for grabs any more' and his response was along the lines of 'it ain't the team thing to do.' Interestingly a quick google shows 0 results for Luke Mcpharlin mark of the year nominations after 2011.... conspicuous timing.

Honestly it should be self evident to all that Lyon is all about percentages and structure etc and that rules out certain parts of the game that he would deem unnecessary.
You do need to play some percentages sometime.

Suban in to follow Selwood around (Crowley-esc) . Danger v Fyfe 50:50 , we are starting to nullify their weapons.
Guthrie hasn't made the 22, no Enright and our home ground. Ross traditionally gets team primed for Rnd 1. This is going to be closer than most think. Sandi will dominate Smith , MJ at 100% on Taylor few wins for us imo

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Crozier was given permission last year, logically speaking, what did he have before that?.

Permission - judging from this in 2014 -

20u7r47.jpg

and this -

21bkgpf.jpg

Croz didn't have many spectacular marks because the ball wasn't kicked to him. It was a kick it to Pav dominated era.

Don't see a specky in bulldog vs collingwood also .

Must be doing something wrong that not selected by ross . in his interview ross mention he did not developed enough in his 5 year with freo. Wonder how bad he did his 3km after all these year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong gone with 3 rucks to combat Sandi/Griff.
Blicavs is a fantastic runner and was great at the 3rd man up.... but he's average at everything else.

Danger - Selwood - Duncan - HorlinSmith - Cockatoo
Vs
Fyfe - Neale - Mundy - S Hill - B Hill

Our midfield is deeper, plus we have a better ruckman. Can we take advantage?

Colingwood absolutely dominated the midfield tonight but couldn't convert.

Permission - judging from this in 2014 -

20u7r47.jpg

and this -

21bkgpf.jpg
Firstly, are you serious with those pictures? That's a high fly??? There is one high mark amongst those and 3 contested marks.

Why do you think Crozier struggled to crack the side out of interest?

Why the baking of Crozier at training?

Why the article you posted expressly stating Lyon's approval 5 years after being drafted?

The rank inability of people to acknowledge Lyon's flaws is unbelievable.

I've said my bit. Goodbye.

Find it depressing. Barlow gone, yet Suban still in the team. I watched him play in the WAFL last weekend and he was hardly spectacular. Same old, same old.

This is a good point, Barlow has been a match winner and Suban basically a liability for two years. So what if Suban had one year of his contract left, pay him out and keep Barlow who would improve the team.

I hope Suban plays his role and all that stuff but if he is going nowhere again please bring in a Crozier or a Balic next week!!!

How the hell can you tell someone not to fly for a mark. It's a natural reaction to want to take the mark when a ball is kicked in your direction. How you take it is a split second decision. Whether that's a diving chest mark, man on man one hander or on the shoulder specky is up to that split second decision. Ridiculous to tell someone to stop going for marks.

It's like telling Walters to not go for goals from the boundary.

Suban in when we could of added some new blood is just a dumb move. We should be moving forward with selection not backwards. Suban may play his role but he ain't winning us the flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back