Status
Not open for further replies.
B Dawson Hamling Spurr
HB Ibbotson Johnson Sutcliffe
C SHill Neale BHill
HF DPearce McCarthy Langdon
F Walters Griffin Kersten
R Sandilands Fyfe Mundy
I/C Blakely Crozier Sheridan Suban Taberner Tucker Weller (three to be omitted)

They better not omit any of Blakely, Weller or Tucker!!!
Woo my Langdon's named on the field!

Not sure what you expected.
It's the message that it sends that annoys me. Suban and Taberner were both poor (relative to the rest of the team) in the last Peel game. Even though Crozier is the likely one that gets through (as he earned it) and Sheridan likely held over as the emergency, I just think being listed in the squad should be a reward for putting in at WAFL. If you haven't put in, you shouldn't be listed in the squad imo otherwise they are thinking what they put out was sufficient to be considered for selection and won't get the wake up call to work harder.

On the other hand if Balic was named, for racking up the most possessions of anyone, then he'd be starting to think I've got a good chance of breaking into the B22 and would likely work even harder. Ross said he wanted to change back to people earning their spots with effort and intensity - if that is the case then Suban and Tabs don't deserve to be named based on the most recent Peel game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the message that it sends that annoys me. Suban and Taberner were both poor (relative to the rest of the team) in the last Peel game. Even though Crozier is the likely one that gets through (as he earned it) and Sheridan likely held over as the emergency, I just think being listed in the squad should be a reward for putting in at WAFL. If you haven't put in, you shouldn't be listed in the squad imo otherwise they are thinking what they put out was sufficient to be considered for selection and won't get the wake up call to work harder.

On the other hand if Balic was named, for racking up the most possessions of anyone, then he'd be starting to think I've got a good chance of breaking into the B22 and would likely work even harder. Ross said he wanted to change back to people earning their spots with effort and intensity - if that is the case then Suban and Tabs don't deserve to be named based on the most recent Peel game.

Sometimes it is about balance.....If a tall goes down between now and game Tabular is the obvious replacement.

Why on earth is Weller on the 7 man of nterchange when Cam " I butcher the ball " Sutcliffe is named at half back. Also Spurr is a great intercept mark but he also butchers the ball.

I think Weller has been a little under whelming in the JLT.... maybe he needs a message

I think Weller has been a little under whelming in the JLT.... maybe he needs a message
Weller needs more of the ball to be a bit more effective. Willing to give him time to develop that at half back. He totally can be our JJ but better (he's a far better kick). Every time Weller has the ball he always does something good with it.

Like salim malik said if your know better than Ross , go and introduce yourself to him .:)

On Sports Talk this afternoon Gibbo was given the opportunity to stake a claim on how Freo were going to win. He said that our defence is back on track and we'll just scrape over the line.

Not exactly a vote of confidence.

On Sports Talk this afternoon Gibbo was given the opportunity to stake a claim on how Freo were going to win. He said that our defence is back on track and we'll just scrape over the line.

Is that Gibbo with a silent "n"? Seriously, who or what is he?

I think his claim is valid , apart from hamling and duffield( ibbo) that defence is just like 2013 version .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back