Toast Round 1 = Geelong 103-125 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the most satisfying home & away victory since we beat Carlton by 1 point in the final round last year. ;)

To blow them away in the last kicking 8 goals unanswered was a lot more than I expected or thought we would be capable of. It was breathtaking footy at times.

I know it is round one so not to get too pumped up of course, only to say that I think we will win the flag this season quite easily without dropping a single game destroying every team in our way. I think that is a fair prediction.

Who the hell was the Cats player who got beaten for the hard ball get by WHE in the last quarter?

Give up now, son. This game isn't for you.

Think that was Guthrie. He's better than that...but wasn't on that occasion.

Despite what the scoreboard said at times, from the way we were playing i never felt like we were out of it. We were always making attacks forward, always dangerous, and running over the top of them at the end was just reward for effort.

GO PIES!

Top 3 moment at the football ever!

Not sure if anyone before me has made the other connection between Darcy's and Heater's tackles.
Yes, they are two of the greatest tackles of all time. And yes, they are definitely the two greatest tackles of this century.
Howeverrrrrrrr, they are also tackles made by two sons of two former Collingwood captains.
How's that for SPECIALLLLLLL???

That was the most satisfying home & away victory since we beat Carlton by 1 point in the final round last year. ;)

To blow them away in the last kicking 8 goals unanswered was a lot more than I expected or thought we would be capable of. It was breathtaking footy at times.

I know it is round one so not to get too pumped up of course, only to say that I think we will win the flag this season quite easily without dropping a single game destroying every team in our way. I think that is a fair prediction.
Great performance for round 1 because it gets us on the board with a good percentage boost. :thumbsu::sparklingheart:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While our nerves were tested all night and the win not assured this was such a strange game in that we generally looked the better side for most of the first 3 quarters and why it was so frustrating that the scoreboard didn't reflect it.

In reality it was the Geelong accuracy and them feeding off our errors that supplied most of their scoreboard impact I thought, while we were still scoring while generally being made to earn it.

This was always a point of optimism for me and in the end our outside run proved to much, the supply of easy goals to Geelong dried up and we got the result we deserved.

Great win beating the reigning premiers. Titch was excellent on debut and provided balance to the team. I feel for Howe though, he may miss the whole season with that injury, just the bravery of him contesting the ball leaving his man, I wish him the best during his recovery. Cox was pretty good, although he only played 52% TOG, would like to see more of him. That Moore tackle on Henry was awesome. WHE though whenever he had a good moment, he butchered it and gave Geelong goals on a platter. JDG continues to amaze me. Overall you outplayed the Cats and the scoreboard shows as the Cats were very accurate to make it closer than it actually is.

McStay I've never really rated, he was a C grader at the Lions but I'm sure he'll get better later in the season.

Fitness as a team is elite, I wish our club had that level of fitness. Question is who can replace Howe? Frampton maybe not sure how he did pre season but from reports, he didn't do well as a defender.

I do think if you beaten the Swans in the 2022 prelim then I do think you would've done much better than the Swans in the GF and maybe even win the whole thing since your style creates problems for the Cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back