Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
2020 has been one weird f**ked up year so far, but seriously... “Harry Perryman: Joint Leader of the Coleman Medal Race” was not amongst anything I was expecting.

But his work elsewhere around the ground, second and third efforts, 1%ers - just sublime. Best game so far (and would have been without the goals)

Sad for Adam Kennedy - reckon that opens the way for a replacement back next week as we can't risk him straight up. Lachie Ash to debut or Jackson Hately?
Williams? :)

Impressed with Chris Scott's comments at his presser, especially in regards the general situation vis a vis coronavirus.
Agree - his presser was outstanding. Hopefully some people listen and learn something!
Wasn't going to watch his press conference because usually when they loose he is a bit of flog, but hats off too him that was a quality press conference

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
I thought we did really well last night. Geelong would have beaten most sides. They set themselves for that match. Their older players were really pushing. It was Ablett, Hawkins, Dangerfield and Duncan trying to really influence the game, which is what you’d expect.
They are really going to be in the market for free agents over the next few years I reckon with the older players they are going to lose. I’m glad we’ve re-signed our stars to long term deals.
As for injuries, looks like Williams won’t be ready, so Ash to come in for Kenners.
In saying that, who even knows if there will be a round two next week?!?!

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
[QUOTE="dlanod, post: 64730094, member
[/QUOTE]
A good performance all round, shame my family and others couldn't go, it was a warm day, would have been a good crowd. Good to blow away any negatives from the grand final

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
[QUOTE="dlanod, post: 64730094, member
A good performance all round, shame my family and others couldn't go, it was a warm day, would have been a good crowd. Good to blow away any negatives from the grand final[/QUOTE]

Being a double header and against the Cats for rnd 1! We could of probably gotten our biggest non-derby crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our "second tier" players (for lack of a better term) were really good last night.
Perryman was BOG, Jacobs was terrific, Hopper and De Boor were good in the middle.
Taylor was immense and looking like he'll be an A grader before long.
Was also really impressed by Daniels, he looks very classy.
Pretty much everyone played well.
You'd expect most weeks we'll get more out of Cogs, Kelly and Whitfield (not that they were bad) most weeks and we still beat one of the top sides easily.
Good signs

Caroline Wilson on Offsiders thinks it might be pulled when this round is completed.
With the border shutdowns coming into place this week, SA has kicked it off from today.

That a 2 week lock out is looking on the cards, or SA play their games in VIC for 2 weeks

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
It does come down to the details ... and if rigorous testing is in place such that those travelling are essentially safe. And will - what are Governments prepared to accept? Difficult times and no correct answers.

It does come down to the details ... and if rigorous testing is in place such that those travelling are essentially safe. And will - what are Governments prepared to accept? Difficult times and no correct answers.
Going to be a crazy day at work tomorrow with suppliers, customers, industry etc etc

Good luck to all - stay safe GWS members !

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
With the border shutdowns coming into place this week, SA has kicked it off from today.

That a 2 week lock out is looking on the cards, or SA play their games in VIC for 2 weeks

I might as well watch the Hawks-Lions game on 7mate.

It might be the last game on TV for a while...

Back