Preview Round 1: Hawthorn vs Brisbane Lions @ The Melbourne Cricket Ground, 2:20pm 22.03.20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Chee over Answerth
I do think he offers a bit, his ball use earlier in the pre-season was good and composed under pressure.
But the closer we have got to the season, the less confident he has become. And I am yet to see the run that he will supposedly bring.
He may get the gig over Answerth to start the season but on a very short leash. Because there will be no reserves to get form so it may have to be in the AFL?

straighttalkin

Senior List
May 26, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not too confident. We were lucky to beat them late in the season last year. If they had of kicked a little straighter in front of goals would have easily beaten us. Always cautiously hopeful though.

Still looks good

Brisbane Lions

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Nil
Updated: Tuesday, March 17
Early prognosis
Still no worries for the Lions. They'll have a full list to pick from ahead of playing Hawthorn at the MCG on Sunday. – Michael Whiting

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
It's a strange feeling, I was so looking forward to this season starting, now I find it hard to fathom that we will/could be playing on Sunday at an empty MCG.

What I am looking forward to is seeing how the no crowd noise affects the umpires decision making, the players will have to be self motivated as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's a strange feeling, I was so looking forward to this season starting, now I find it hard to fathom that we will/could be playing on Sunday at an empty MCG.

What I am looking forward to is seeing how the no crowd noise affects the umpires decision making, the players will have to be self motivated as well.

Also it gives the Suns and Giants an unfair advantage as they are used to playing in empty stadiums :moustache:

The Zork

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Answerth over AhChee. Easy call for Rd1 in my eyes.

Ahchee I fear will leak goals against a Wingard or Breust - clever players.

I’m feeling a good start and then maintaining a 4-5 lead throughout with our midfield depth winning out.

Rayner kicks 4 similar to highlights as his u18 champs with no crowd.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions

Yeah let's go.

Up until about a week ago, I was all for suspending the season for 4 weeks and doing a revisit.

I've changed my mind.

I get the AFL's approach and I think it's a good one.

It might still all come to nought,(or very little) but I'd rather have a go now than go to ground and "hope" things miraculously change later.

Apart from trying to salvage something economically from the wreckage, I think the masses and the multitudes need something approaching normal to hold on to. God knows, I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back