Round 1 Line Up

Remove this Banner Ad

so they got Frampton to play on the 3rd tall?
No. When Murphy came in the team they moved the defenders around, so with Frampton -- Howe wont play FB, so he allows howe and moore to play their natural roles, likw when roughy was around.

No. When Murphy came in the team they moved the defenders around, so with Frampton -- Howe wont play FB, so he allows howe and moore to play their natural roles, likw when roughy was around.
This is the big win if Frampton can hold down full back. Having Howe and Moore in intercept roles again would be a huge plus for us.

Thus far , and this is in Frampton’s 8 season in the AFL system playing profile performance legacy and going into his 9th season , Frampton couldn’t hold a candle to what Roughead provided and delivered , he is not a lockdown defender , he is a peel off defender , will back himself to get the ball , albeit at varying degrees of mediocre returns. Past clubs , both Port and Adelaide, Played him Forward. No. Let’s play him Ruck , don’t be silly. He is a Backman. Frampton is a Hail Mary , sorry FJ , let’s hope he comes out the other side and proves the coaches prayers 🙏 right. Cos I’m not enthused . Granted there was not much available of his height and size to draft .

This is the big win if Frampton can hold down full back. Having Howe and Moore in intercept roles again would be a huge plus for us.
Absolutely. I've heard a few players say now that this feels like home to frampton. He may finally have found the place for him to flourish. Sometimes its all about having the confidence, not just in yourself, but from the coaches; in that they have pinged a position for you. Look at roughy, we who was pushed from position to position at the dogs. Abeit with a flag, but pushed around nonetheless, until he finally was peddled in one position he could call his own when he came to us.

Hopefully this is the similar situation.

Thus far , and this is in Frampton’s 8 season in the AFL system playing profile performance legacy and going into his 9th season , Frampton couldn’t hold a candle to what Roughead provided and delivered , he is not a lockdown defender , he is a peel off defender , will back himself to get the ball , albeit at varying degrees of mediocre returns. Past clubs , both Port and Adelaide, Played him Forward. No. Let’s play him Ruck , don’t be silly. He is a Backman. Frampton is a Hail Mary , sorry FJ , let’s hope he comes out the other side and proves the coaches prayers 🙏 right. Cos I’m not enthused . Granted there was not much available of his height and size to draft .
Agree bro. Why the sorry FJ?
I don't think he's a lockdown defender. I prefer Charlie Dean.
Happy though to see what he can muster up. Fingers crossed

Lol at people saying Ginni isn’t in the best 22 NFI

Ginni was only best 22 last year because there weren't any better options, now the list is stronger, he is definitely on the edge of the 22.

You loling at people saying he is not in the 22 assumes one of the following, either:

A) Mihocek is pushed out
B) Elliott is pushed out
C) McCreery is pushed out
D) Hill isn't best 22
E) One of Mihocek, McStay, Elliott, McCreery, Hill, De Goey, Cox is injured every single week

Just look at your name mate, Seedsfan, Seedsman was/is a legit hack with one of the lowest IQ's the club has ever seen, you're the one being lolled at for thinking Ginni is best 22......

Ginni was only best 22 last year because there weren't any better options, now the list is stronger, he is definitely on the edge of the 22.

You loling at people saying he is not in the 22 assumes one of the following, either:

A) Mihocek is pushed out
B) Elliott is pushed out
D) Hill isn't best 22
E) One of Mihocek, McStay, Elliott, McCreery, Hill, De Goey, Cox is injured every single week

Just look at your name mate, Seedsfan, Seedsman was/is a legit hack with one of the lowest IQ's the club has ever seen, you're the one being lolled at for thinking Ginni is best 22......
FMD

What a long way to say “I’m clueless”

Came second in the goal kicking last year, Hill isn’t taking his spot. We have seen WHE be moved down back. Hill will play higher up the ground in the role vacated by WHE.

He kicked 40 goals last year and because of a few pre season highlights from Hill he isn’t best 22? Lol. You realise output trumps potential. What has Hill done to this point? I don’t want to hear you offer up cancer as an excuse as he had already had 3 years under his belt before that happened.

FMD

What a long way to say “I’m clueless”

Came second in the goal kicking last year, Hill isn’t taking his spot. We have seen WHE be moved down back. Hill will play higher up the ground in the role vacated by WHE.

He kicked 40 goals last year and because of a few pre season highlights from Hill he isn’t best 22? Lol. You realise output trumps potential. What has Hill done to this point? I don’t want to hear you offer up cancer as an excuse as he had already had 3 years under his belt before that happened.
Probably should have had more goals than checkers really. But 100%

Its not because "we didn't have any better options" he was best 22. It was because he knew where the goals was, he is smart, great footy IQ, sets up goals for players, he makes us better as a team. One of the reasons we went as far as we did last year. Hill or no Hill, he is best 22. Hill isnt even a big goal kicker, not even in pre-season. Hill has been playing higher up the ground. Its not Ginni's spot.

Its not because "we didn't have any better options" he was best 22. It was because he knew where the goals was, he is smart, great footy IQ, sets up goals for players, he makes us better as a team. One of the reasons we went as far as we did last year. Hill or no Hill, he is best 22. Hill isnt even a big goal kicker, not even in pre-season. Hill has been playing higher up the ground. Its not Ginni's spot.
Exactly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Checkers should have probably scored over 50 goals last year. Really slowed down after his injury niggle half way through the year.

A) Mihocek is pushed out
B) Elliott is pushed out
D) Hill isn't best 22

You lost me at Seedsman was/is a legitimate hack ,which he was/is not , what the fu$k is the correlation of that regarding Ginnivan keeping his spot ,! Hill is replacing Hoskin Elliott, Ginni will make his way back . If you are attempting to belittle another poster for their forum persona name. I guess you’ve spiralled out

Last edited:
I’m a Ginnivan Fan and I hope he recovers from this and comes back better but reading between the lines and quite a few articles I think McRae is putting enormous value on Hill’s ability to chase and tackle once the ball comes in to ensure it doesn’t go out easily.
At the very least Hill and McReery are going to make a lot of defenders nervous this year.

Maynard
Frampton
Quaynor
Howe
Moore
Noble
Mitchell
Adams
Daicos
Daicos
Crisp
De Goey
Mihocek
Mcstay
Elliot
Hill
McReery
Cox or Cameron
Lipinski
Pendlebury
Murphy
Sidebottom

No vacancies for mine if they play the one ruck

Play two rucks… and one of Hill, McReery or Murphy probably don’t play rd 1

Carmichael stiff. Johnson too.

WHE on the outer this year. So too Bianco. Ruscoe only to play if injuries demand

Several kids banging down the door as the season progresses

Bar Kreuger and Dean… for round 1 the list is in as healthy shape as I recall it ever being

Last edited:
I don't think they'll play both Frampton and Murphy. Going by what Murphy and the coaches have implied; they're competing for the same spot.
I'd be surprised if they do, as that would be 8 defenders.

I would’ve thought Frampton and Moore are locks to play on the opposition two tall forwards

And Murphy is competing with Howe for the 3rd tall mid sized defender role

Dunno

It’s going to be interesting to see how Fly tweaks the forward line in Ginni’s absence. From the training reports it seems he sees Hill as complementing Ginni rather than a direct replacement so players like Carmichael and Johnson have a real opportunity to push for selection round 1. Then you have the possibility of someone like Sidey playing forward more which opens up a wing position for experimenting.
Bucks often said that the opening rounds of a season were some of the toughest physically but Fly is less risk averse in his approach. Looking forward to seeing what happens.

It’s going to be interesting to see how Fly tweaks the forward line in Ginni’s absence. From the training reports it seems he sees Hill as complementing Ginni rather than a direct replacement so players like Carmichael and Johnson have a real opportunity to push for selection round 1. Then you have the possibility of someone like Sidey playing forward more which opens up a wing position for experimenting.
Bucks often said that the opening rounds of a season were some of the toughest physically but Fly is less risk averse in his approach. Looking forward to seeing what happens.
I see Reef as the logical replacement - form holding. My reasoning is that Reef has some of the same bustling capabilities that Jordy has, and from memory, Jordy playing forward has been a hard match-up for the Cat's backs - so it's a vote for Reef from me and Jordy can spend some additional time on the ball.

I see Reef as the logical replacement - form holding. My reasoning is that Reef has some of the same bustling capabilities that Jordy has, and from memory, Jordy playing forward has been a hard match-up for the Cat's backs - so it's a vote for Reef from me and Jordy can spend some additional time on the ball.
Sidey forward, JC wing.

To be honest I keep forgetting about Reef. Plenty of options which is great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back