Round 1 Line Up

Remove this Banner Ad

I mentioned in another thread (think it might have been our best 23) - that I don't expect AJ to be in our best side at the start of the year, but I do expect him in our best side by the end of the year - seems to me that he really doesn't enjoy training and the drills, he's just a natural footballer who wants to play footy. He'll improve once the real stuff starts - maybe by Round 5-8 he'll be back in the side and by the end of the year, he'll be in the starting 18.
I'm sure the Fly has someone like Pendles mentoring him.
Pushing him to be better.

One of the most natural full forwards I've seen at the club in a long long time. Leads well, can take a great mark, and is a beautiful kick. All that was on display when he played last year. A couple of underwhelming games doesn't change the potential that he has to become a great. I'd be instilling all the confidence I could in him.
He's a long way from being a great. He's not even a certain starter in our seniors this year. He has some natural gifts which will take you so far. If he doesn't get some fire in his belly he may become another potentially good long term player who bites the dust.

One of the most natural full forwards I've seen at the club in a long long time. Leads well, can take a great mark, and is a beautiful kick. All that was on display when he played last year. A couple of underwhelming games doesn't change the potential that he has to become a great. I'd be instilling all the confidence I could in him.

The most natural forward? I'd say Henry was that, I'm afraid.

out lipinski and jdg
in carmicheal for lipinski and crisp can play jdgs role and adams takes crisps spot.

lipinski to miss 12 weeks and jdg rubbed out for 1 week from that tackle

If Jordy gets rubbed out, on top of Lipinski and Ginnivan being unavailable, my outlook for the season is going to become somewhat more pessimistic.

COLLINGWOOD’S PREDICTED 23

B: B. Maynard, D. Moore, I. Quaynor

HB: N. Daicos, J. Howe, S. Pendlebury

C: J. Daicos, J. Crisp, S. Sidebottom

HF: J. Elliott, D. McStay, W. Hoskin-Elliott

F: B. Hill, B. Mihocek, B. McCreery

FOLL: D. Cameron, J. De Goey, T. Mitchell

I/C: T. Adams, M. Cox, B. Frampton, J. Noble

Sub: J. Carmichael

Notable absentees: J. Ginnivan (suspended), P. Lipinski (shoulder), N. Murphy

Jon Ralph’s selection dilemma: Collingwood’s line-up is relatively settled but they will have to find another midfielder with Pat Lipinski out for half the season.

With Brayden Maynard back after a minor leg infection it would presumably squeeze out one of Nathan Murphy or Billy Frampton for the clash against a Cats side that could still contain Tom Hawkins as well as Jeremy Cameron.

Frampton played 96 per cent game time as the deepest defender against Hawthorn and while he is untidy by foot at times he is in front of Murphy if the Pies only play one of the pair.

One of Reef McInnes, Oleg Markov or Josh Carmichael will probably squeeze in as the sub, with Carmichael performing well in that role last year.

Crazy to think Murphy might not get a gig round 1, considering how great he was last season.....
crazy yes, but he did only come in when Roughy retired and Madgen was injured. Ideally he is playing the wrong position and we can't keep playing only 1 key defender taller than 192cm

FMD

What a long way to say “I’m clueless”

Came second in the goal kicking last year, Hill isn’t taking his spot. We have seen WHE be moved down back. Hill will play higher up the ground in the role vacated by WHE.

He kicked 40 goals last year and because of a few pre season highlights from Hill he isn’t best 22? Lol. You realise output trumps potential. What has Hill done to this point? I don’t want to hear you offer up cancer as an excuse as he had already had 3 years under his belt before that happened.

Well look what we have here, just as I said, looks like all of Hill, Johnson and Elliott are ahead of Ginni....... Who's the clueless one now huh? lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You understand that is what a sub is meant to do right? They are meant to have impact, they go out there for 1 quarter fresh vs everyone else that have already been running around for 90 minutes..... It would have been embarrassing if he didn't have any impact.

You understand that is what a sub is meant to do right? They are meant to have impact, they go out there for 1 quarter fresh vs everyone else that have already been running around for 90 minutes..... It would have been embarrassing if he didn't have any impact.
Reckon you could be a bit more gracious and admit that Ginni played well, and better than you man Hill (much to your chagrin):expressionless:

I never claimed Hill to be my man, I want Ginni to perform.

The point of this all was that this Seedsfan guy called me and others 'clueless' for even suggesting Hill was ahead of him come round 1, and yet now we have Cox back putting pressure on spots, the coaches decided Ginni wasn't best 22 ahead of Hill, Johnson, Elliott or even Hoskin-Elliott before the game, which I said would be the case. It doesn't matter what a sub does, what I said would happen, did happen, and I was called 'clueless' at the time I said it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back