Spurr Dawson Ibbotson
Sheridan Johnson Hill
D Pearce Mundy Suban
Walters Taberner Mayne
Griffin Pavlich Ballantyne
Ruck Clarke , Fyfe , Barlow
Inter Sutcliffe ,Neale , Silvagni , Mzungu
emerg's Weller , Tucker
RTB and the match committee will go with proven performers and strength .
This game will not be easy and RTB wants to make a statement .
Its a small ground and against younger opponents .RTB will impress upon the boys to play hard physical footy ,take no prisoners .
The new game plan will be on full display so expect a few turnovers from missed targets .

The Bullies will have to find another player to kick 7 goals against us now that Dickson is missing the game.

They've lost Crameri as well. But I guess they'd hope for natural improvement from youngsters, including Boyd up front. And Stringer had a shocker last time. He could easily kick 4-5.

Our side looks to be basically the same to what we had in last year's game, with the obvious exception of Sandilands.

If we had Sandi and Bennell, I'd be quite confident of rolling them. But without those guys, I'm very nervous about this game. Especially with the rumblings from the training thread about Johnson being sore. I think it's a 50/50 contest.

Weller getting a game round 1 or not doesn't hinge on the playing surface at Eithad.
I don't think Weller playing on Etihad's surface is an issue either considering how many laps of it he ran last year when over as an emergency.
Did someone say Weller shouldn't play rd1 because of Etihad's surface? We had a convo about Bennell on the surface but I don't recall anyone talking about Weller. Confused. Hoping there aren't injury concerns for Weller as well? Meima's post was about the round 1 "unknown" with sub rule gone and limited rotations - possibly favouring an endurance player for that first game as we don't know what to expect yet.

Did someone say Weller shouldn't play rd1 because of Etihad's surface? We had a convo about Bennell on the surface but I don't recall anyone talking about Weller. Confused. Hoping there aren't injury concerns for Weller as well? Meima's post was about the round 1 "unknown" with sub rule gone and limited rotations - possibly favouring an endurance player for that first game as we don't know what to expect yet.
meima posted that one of the reasons Weller wouldn't be selected was because of how hard Etihad's ground is compared to normal grounds.

I suggested that Weller getting selected or not in round 1 did not hinge on the surface of Eithad as hundreds of other kids have played at Eithad without issue.

All good though, just a difference of opinion.

Weller endurance might become our liability and get blame at not able to run out games hence been dropped for GC home match.
How do you explain the fact that first year players will play in round 1 for other clubs and throughout the year yet our second years with 2 pre-seasons under their belt are apparently still not fit enough for AFL footy?
Is our game plan so different from other clubs that it requires every player to have elite fitness or do we just have higher standards?
Even Clarkson was happy to play Rioli in his first year despite him being only a cameo player who flashed in and out of games.
I suspect Weller is fitter than Rioli was back then.

We had no problem playing Lachie Neale in his first year under Ross. He had a fair few games that year, maybe ten? Prior to the sub rule, under Harvey, we had no problem playing Fyfe and Hill as first year players.

Your can select Weller for you fantasy league , I can agree with your 200% , but the match committee had the final said. This is what I think if they don't selected Weller, we can't tell Ross to change like instant noodles to Clarkson thinking. Season not yet start we already doubt Ross.

No one has doubted Ross. Your opinion, which your well and truly entitled to, that Weller won't be selected because it's at Etihad has not been agreed on by a few posters who quite rightly are entitled to disagree. Not sure what the other rant is about i.e. Ross being Clarkson as it has nothing to do with the Weller discussion. Anyway, I think you/we should move on before we call any one else an instant noodle.

Because e shed mention clarkson rioli vs ross Weller selection. Change Thinking /decision = instant noodles.not calling people instant noodles.

So that means he is automatically doubting Ross??? Think you're reading into it far too much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is the whole point that I continue to talk nonsense to let you replying to me, the more you try to look down on me in Internet forum the more I do so because it is just social media.is so fun to see you spending time replying to me because you disagree with my point of view.

Please don't play the poor me card. People (including me) have agreed with you before but they are also going to disagree with you whether it is on a public forum or not, that's life. I am certainly not looking down on you and there has been nothing to suggest that I have - it was a simple disagreement on a call you made that I made in the most diplomatic way. It happens every day on here with other posters. If you are going to take offense then maybe this place isn't for you.

Apologies everyone. I am done on this issue. Mods, understand if you clean it up as you feel necessary.

I had clean up my post because beetz got all the reply to save space of having junk talk,
Junk talk =mention Weller not suitable to play in etihad due to oval dimension and hard surface .

I know a lot of postie disagree with my view and if postie want me to apologize that my opinion affected them emotionally and mentally I am sorry ,except beetz.

Last edited:
Dickson isn't a major problem. I doubt he will kick close to 7 ever again in his career - Spurr, if he plays, certainly won't let that happen on his watch.

He is one of the most underrated players in the competition. Top 10 for total goals kicked in 2015. He might not kick 7, but he could easily kick 3-5, which he did numerous times last year. If someone kicks 3-5 against us, that is a bit of a problem, considering how low scoring we are.

I had clean up my post because beetz got all the reply to save space of having junk talk, because I mention Weller not suitable to play in etihad due to oval dimension and hard surface . I know a lot of postie disagree with my view and if postie want me to apologize that my opinion affect them emotionally and mentally I am sorry ,except beetz.

Hahahaha.
I don't think you needed to put that last bit in, but it was f**king funny

Hahahaha.
I don't think you needed to put that last bit in, but it was f**king funny
Yah I also think so, a bit of entertainment for everyone. Is like I come into your place and stir up an argument and everybody want to get involved also.
Weller selection not even up to us to decide.:thumbsu::straining::straining:.

Summary:
Meima: Weller might not get selected for Rd 1 due to hard surface or oval dimension.
Beetz: I disagree with you opinion ,give his reason.
Another postie : who said Weller not suitable to play in etihad surface,bla bla bla
Beetz: meima said so
Meima: just my point of view nothing to do with attacking player ability
Another postie : Weller should play , reason
Meima : trying to explained the reason behind this thought or view to the postie
Beetz: come in look your view a lot of postie disagree
Meima: hei I just explained to another postie why my pointed of view is like that

On and on and on.

Last edited:
meima seriously, stfu. You are now embarrassing yourself.
I am OK with it. If embarrassing myself is what make you happy and put and end to this. I can't apologize to you just because I got different view than you. If your intention of keep replying my post is embarrassing me you got it now.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back