Game Day Round 1 Match Day Discussion - And Away We Go !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He is screwed if Flynn goes down.

Have to wait to see how Flynn goes against an AFL ruckman as Hunter was barely SANFL standard when he was playing here in Adelaide.

I'm beginning to wonder if those that started Grundy and Gawn have the same grasp of reality as climate change deniers. You're far more screwed than those that started Flynn for a host of reasons, even if Flynn misses a week or two. All the evidence after round 1 says that someone who started with G and G won't win the 50K. That could change but I'd be pretty concerned holding both at present.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I'm beginning to wonder if those that started Grundy and Gawn have the same grasp of reality as climate change deniers. You're far more screwed than those that started Flynn for a host of reasons, even if Flynn misses a week or two. All the evidence after round 1 says that someone who started with G and G won't win the 50K. That could change but I'd be pretty concerned holding both at present.
vlad.gif

Oct 25, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood

Cue Flynn missing from soreness, Grawndy going 120+ and the SC overall points ladder being inverted at the end of R2

Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cue Flynn missing from soreness, Grawndy going 120+ and the SC overall points ladder being inverted at the end of R2

Just to be clear, I have 1 of the big 2 rucks (Grundy) plus Flynn and Meek.

Next round Flynn might miss, Meek could have a 50 and Grawndy goes 120+ and I'll still probably go close to break even with Grawndy owners depending on the performance of rookies on other lines.

Oct 25, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just to be clear, I have 1 of the big 2 rucks (Grundy) plus Flynn and Meek.

Next round Flynn might miss, Meek could have a 50 and Grawndy goes 120+ and I'll still probably go close to break even with Grawndy owners depending on the performance of rookies on other lines.

Fingers crossed - I’m the same, just going Grundy as well. Has paid off so far... 👌

Anyone interested, there's a thing where it looks like you can track your relative rank across the last three years, by the looks.
Seymour Skinner That you with the kebabs? CCJ and Stack on the goldy ref?

That's me coming10th... What the hell!

Mar 11, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thought it was a bit meh but top 7%, was surprised by that so best start in 10 years.

The Good
Flynn @ R2
J.Clark @ D6
Ziebell
No Danger
No Rowell
No premos had disasters, lowest was 89 apart from Neale
No obvious rookies have been missed.

The Bad
No Dusty
Neale's 77 was yucky poo.

The Ugly
Gulden and Rowe on bench

No trades IMO this week. If Neale spuds it up again and Dusty goes huge again may look at moving on those two next week but doubt it. Also have a hard-on for Andrew Brayshaw so will watch him closely again next week, TOG was always the concern but 125 from 80% is a big tick.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
@stkildafc
coach Brett Ratten: "I thought Paul battled hard. I thought Flynn got on top of him for periods of the game. He'll take a bit from the game. He had a taste. He'll have to go to school on Gawn."

200w.gif

Apr 7, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm absolutely gutted kents, i was on track for a 2200 score which would of seen me close to a top 1k finish this week, then Rowell happened...and guess what it happen right in front of me just like that Adelaide supporter from a few years back. :'(

RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!

That little blow in kent Langdon I'm gonna rip his head out of every Eagles poster I ever see from this day forward.

Little Basterd!! :mad:

Score this week 2094 6k finish F*** It!!
Exactly the same boat. Right in front of me. At stages yesterday I had Tim Kelly instead of Rowell In my side but went with the BF circle jerk. Kid looked gutted. You hate to see the best players missing footy.

Bet the VFL loved seeing two interstate frontier teams killing themselves in brutal 37 degrees.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Exactly the same boat. Right in front of me. At stages yesterday I had Tim Kelly instead of Rowell In my side but went with the BF circle jerk. Kid looked gutted. You hate to see the best players missing footy.

Bet the VFL loved seeing two interstate frontier teams killing themselves in brutal 37 degrees.
At least my M5 POD should be fresh. Gaff just walked around I presume.

Apr 7, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Im not sure about the logic that Gawndy owners are now stuffed. Doesn't a rookie ruck banging out a 140 actually give you some confidence that our proven guns can easily find form? Sidebottom will straighten up Collingwoods midfield considerably and how often will Manbun get 40 odd hit outs and not find a target? They won't play the Bulldogs who arguably have the best midfield in the AFL every week. Gawn nearly tonnes up after having a stinker and everyone wants to put him on the pine for a ROOKIE who may not even play next week. Talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water! We all picked who are clearly the best two SC rucks so we could set and forget and not burn trades. Everyone needs to calm the feck down. It's round 1.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The good:
No Rowell, Danger, Neale
Tim Kelly excellent POD (so far)
Heppell and Clark as mid pricers getting it done
Fyfe (C) had no better options in the end apart from TK

The bad:
Wrong rookies fielded
No Dusty after having him all pre-season

The ugly
Reilly O'Brien. Boy oh boy this could be a massive balls up.

Pretty happy with this - by far my best R1 score/ranking ever.
97d3af1fb7a060c28c56182cebf68f4a.jpg

My positives
The decision not to go Gawndy paid off this round
Dusty
Flynn and Gulden on field
LDU, Tarranto, Clark did their and Ziebell did their jobs as mid pricers
Most of my premiums did their job (Dusty, Laird, Helmet, Stewart, Macrae, Oliver)
Trading out Danger late (for JDG)
Nailed rookie selections
No need to trade and have $338K in cash.

The negatives
Captain on Neale
Neale, Howe and Seagull failing to fire as premiums
JDG disappointing
Dow (although still will make $$$)
Rowe and Jordon on the bench
Brockman on the field

The average
Nank

I'm going to hold off on trading this week as I've nailed the rookies and no injuries or suspensions or glaring spuds.

I've got cash to upgrade to Gawn or other SP rucks if my budget ruck strategy looks under threat this week.

Players to target - Brayshaw, Stephenson, Mills

Players in my under the microscope JDG, Howe, Dow - Neale and the Seagull were disappointing but I'm confident they'll return to their premium scoring.

Apr 25, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
Richmond
Im not sure about the logic that Gawndy owners are now stuffed. Doesn't a rookie ruck banging out a 140 actually give you some confidence that our proven guns can easily find form? Sidebottom will straighten up Collingwoods midfield considerably and how often will Manbun get 40 odd hit outs and not find a target? They won't play the Bulldogs who arguably have the best midfield in the AFL every week. Gawn nearly tonnes up after having a stinker and everyone wants to put him on the pine for a ROOKIE who may not even play next week. Talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water! We all picked who are clearly the best two SC rucks so we could set and forget and not burn trades. Everyone needs to calm the feck down. It's round 1.

Meh they'll be right. I'm more worried if my pods of Duggan and Depoey keep spudding it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back