Game Day Round 1 Match Day Discussion - And Away We Go !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair call. How would the HS even know that someone's running multiple teams though?

Not sure tbh.

That year the bloke had said that he'd had 2 teams in posts on SCT and Twitter before he rocketed up to the top so he kinda outted himself lol.
Other instances have been because people were dumb enough to name their team like "Bye Round Winner" and other stupid s**t haha.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Currentlly 15,060th which is my second best start in 6 years playing SC.

Last year I was 48,133 and finished 248 🤣

2018 round one 298th, then went backwards 15 rounds in a row to finish 12,869........

Conclusion - don't panic yet, round 1 doesn't define your season.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Not sure tbh.

That year the bloke had said that he'd had 2 teams in posts on SCT and Twitter before he rocketed up to the top so he kinda outted himself lol.
Other instances have been because people were dumb enough to name their team like "Bye Round Winner" and other stupid sh*t haha.
Pretty sure there was a bloke a couple of years ago who had 3 teams named "Bye round 1, "Bye round 2" and "Bye round 3". One of them won the weekly but he got DQ'd

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
There would undoubtedly be IP logs built into the account system, same way they track free articles etc.

That would just prove that people live in the same home. Some of us still have shared home/work PCs. No rule against members of the same household or workplace having their own SC team.

Mar 13, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Oakland Raiders, Celtics
What’s the benefit of a 2nd team ? ..... surely you have researched and made up your mind on players

Or is it different structured teams ..... G n R versus MPM ?
Yeah, I would think a second team would be counter productive. Instead of having one team that was the very best it could be you'd probably end up with two teams that were a mix of the best players you were considering with neither being the absolute best.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Yeah, I would think a second team would be counter productive. Instead of having one team that was the very best it could be you'd probably end up with two teams that were a mix of the best players you were considering with neither being the absolute best.
I've often wondered about starting every available rookie and saving a big bank to jump on the breakout players. I guess this would be a way to test that out.

Mar 13, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Oakland Raiders, Celtics
I've often wondered about starting every available rookie and saving a big bank to jump on the breakout players. I guess this would be a way to test that out.
It would be an interesting experiment, but I'd suggest doing it on paper without actually having a second, illegal team.

Juzzomac

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I don't actually support North Melb
That would just prove that people live in the same home. Some of us still have shared home/work PCs. No rule against members of the same household or workplace having their own SC team.

I was just being general, but the data they have would be more than just IP's, they'd have everything from what program you're using to what device you're on, to even approximate location. News paywalls are worth millions, if not billions of dollars and all of this stuff is pretty common, so you can bet it would be easy for them to determine.

You could hypothetically pretend it's your wife or husbands team and that you both share the same device to access it, you could use VPN's and register under your friends name (all it takes is one slip up/inconsistency for them all to get linked though) so there's certainly little ways around it but I doubt too many people would go that far to cheat. Not impossible though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I was just being general, but the data they have would be more than just IP's, they'd have everything from what program you're using to what device you're on, to even approximate location. News paywalls are worth millions, if not billions of dollars and all of this stuff is pretty common, so you can bet it would be easy for them to determine.

You could hypothetically pretend it's your wife or husbands team and that you both share the same device to access it, you could use VPN's and register under your friends name (all it takes is one slip up/inconsistency for them all to get linked though) so there's certainly little ways around it but I doubt too many people would go that far to cheat. Not impossible though.

No need for seperate IPs. There are no rules against using a shared IP address. I have a PC in the home office that myself, my wife and oldest kid also use. Not everyone uses their smart phones for internet. The only thing that would matter is that the mobile phone number & email provided belongs to a single player and that the same phone number and or email are not used for another team.

May 8, 2006
Location, Location
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Unlisted
Greetings fellow 4,833er :moustache:
And to think, with a Rowell-affected score I'm just 26 points behind you. On your heels this year, Birch.

It's hard enough managing all 3 of SC, AF & DT.

I thought I'd worked it out last year, and the year before, and the year before that and every damn year I keep applying SC think to my DT and AF teams. I'm remarkably bad at AF.

mattyc25

Senior List
Oct 26, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
There was a guy one year who had about 10 teams all with variations on the name polar bears.
2776A405-37FE-435C-849E-F740F52E5DF8.jpeg

Last edited:

Hamez

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Wasn’t there a syndicate team last year or the season before that was winning the overall and decided to withdraw their team?

Loose at HB Mate that was a melt and a half! Hang in there brother. Long way to go for carnage to hit others whilst you dodge.
I'm hanging mate. Here's footage of me right now trying to cling to my past glories

Seriously though thanks mate. Not sure what to do yet trades wise but I'll stick fat and drag myself out of the abyss

I'm hanging mate. Here's footage of me right now trying to cling to my past glories

Seriously though thanks mate. Not sure what to do yet trades wise but I'll stick fat and drag myself out of the abyss

LOL love the humor. It’s a challenge but not without hope. The first horse out the gate in the Melb Cup is not the winner. There’s still 3100m to run in this race. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back