Preview Round 1 - Melbourne v Freo - The Doom Starts Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown himself did less than 20 matches ago

Edit: though depends what you mean by 'take the game over' - I think kicking 6 to half time meets that description, even if a lot of his teammates also had great games.

Port was just abysmal in that game. Brown kicked fewer than half of North’s goals. Still impressive obviously but his midfielders put it on a plate for him, which ours would not do even if they were as dominant against such pathetic opposition.

Brown himself did less than 20 matches ago

Edit: though depends what you mean by 'take the game over' - I think kicking 6 to half time meets that description, even if a lot of his teammates also had great games.

That's a training run. North still win that game by 10 goals even without Brown.
When did Brown last do that in a game against a good side.

Another look in for the pin heads who thought the man on the mark rule changes anything.

17 goals tonight. The same game last year without the rule and with shorter bloody quarters had 18 goald.
Hate to nitpick but the corresponding game last year had 20 minute quarters but I see your point was pretty boring after the first five minutes the second half I started to fall asleep which I couldn't be bothered fighting.

Hate to nitpick but the corresponding game last year had 20 minute quarters but I see your point was pretty boring after the first five minutes the second half I started to fall asleep which I couldn't be bothered fighting.
Did they shorten the quarters after round 1?

Pert saying we are only expecting 23-24k. * me that's a poor turnout. Very long season for the club if we lose today if people aren't turning out in their droves after 18 months away.

Pert saying we are only expecting 23-24k. fu** me that's a poor turnout. Very long season for the club if we lose today if people aren't turning out in their droves after 18 months away.
If it is only that I'll be very disappointed

Should be 35k+

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Pert saying we are only expecting 23-24k. fu** me that's a poor turnout. Very long season for the club if we lose today if people aren't turning out in their droves after 18 months away.
Collingwood didn't even reach capacity last night, so maybe not all club related.

If it is only that I'll be very disappointed

Should be 35k+

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
That's pretty bad for a round 1 turn out. Pretty sure we had like 28k vs GWS a few years back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's ******* gross. I was pumped for a big crowd.

Got another new bird I'm showing footy for the first time. Gonna look s**t with 25.

If Gawn and Tracc kick 3-4 goals between them we win. EZ game
How about McDonald steps up and kicks a few for once. Apparently is in good form but this is yet to be seen.

Was thinking about the last game I went to which was our last home game against the swans. I had a big day at work and couldn't be ****ed going but changed my mind in tje last minute. I figured it was going to be my last chance to see them play for a while. I didn't expect that it would be the whole season lol. Anyway here I am on the train this is happening go dees.

Was thinking perhaps we could get closer to 40k, low 20k would be really disappointing, ah well, find out in about an hour I guess.

We got 20k against Freo in R14, 2019 when our season was truly done. Would think we’ll get around 30k today given we’re basically singlehandedly supplying the crowd. I except the Doggies preseason game turned a lot of people off who only saw the score at the end.

I don't really understand the ticketing system. Non-members couldn't sit with me, but then I couldn't find any GA tickets left when I was on the website yesterday. Is it the AFL members and MCC that mean we'll have an average crowd?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back