Round 1 NAB Cup - Richmond, North, Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

the biggest disappointment is the amount of fox cameras. in the 1billion+ age we should be able to get the cameras pretty sharp on this stuff. it would help stop all the innuendo if he did or didnt raise the arm and if there was an accidental head clash or he just shoulderd him in the head. pick up your game foxtel.

the biggest disappointment is the amount of fox cameras. in the 1billion+ age we should be able to get the cameras pretty sharp on this stuff. it would help stop all the innuendo if he did or didnt raise the arm and if there was an accidental head clash or he just shoulderd him in the head. pick up your game foxtel.

All true although at the end of the day what hurts him the most is that it was so far off the ball. I'm not sure it makes all that much difference if it was accidental that he was so badly affected when quite clearly the choice was there to avoid any contact at all. Live and learn eh?

All true although at the end of the day what hurts him the most is that it was so far off the ball. I'm not sure it makes all that much difference if it was accidental that he was so badly affected when quite clearly the choice was there to avoid any contact at all. Live and learn eh?

no doubt but at the end of the day all these rules about protecting the head is all about injury, yet if incidental contact when contesting the ball is ok the its not about injury. imv its very contradictory.i understand the off the ball thing and conca will get wks regardless of a head clash bc of it. but this is the again the argument about the bump. unless the players are exactly the same size its almost impossible for a player not to get head high contact. i reckon the afl are having a each way bet but being a player half a second late when a player has dipped or changed position has made that player the 'dog or thug' is just plain wrong imv.

Surely NAB Cup stuff doesn't count as weeks?

AFL made the rules and can't change them after the event or Andy D. head will be on a stick.

anyway this must be a first in VFL/AFL history.

Richmond getting the benefit of the doubt by the MRP.

Umpires still against us though like they have been for 50 years.

North game was a shocker.

Surely NAB Cup stuff doesn't count as weeks?

Under new rules that allow players to serve suspensions for incidents in the NAB Cup during the pre-season, Conca can serve all three weeks of his suspension then line up against Carlton in the first round of the home-and-away season.

After the rules were clarified by the AFL, the Tigers don't even have to make the NAB Cup final - a highly unlikely prospect after they lost to the Roos in their first game - to take advantage of the new loophole.

Conca will sit out Richmond's next to NAB Cup fixtures, against Fremantle and Geelong, and a yet-to-be scheduled practice match on the same weekend as the NAB Cup final.

Reece can officially be selected in Round 1.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...on-the-sidelines/story-e6frf9jf-1226275839968

What a strange 21 page thread. How supporters can whinge about umpiring in the 1st round of the NAB cup is funny/embarrassing.

Also the Richmond supporters saying Conca should get off as he did not have any intent to hurt Adams?? Only 1 person in this world knows if Conca's intention was to hit Adams - Conca himself.

I could say Conca was thinking "great I am 100 metres away from the play, no one is watching, I am going to snipe Adams for a fun -I hope I break his jaw" - but I would be guessing just like each Richmond support that has guessed his intentions on this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back