Unofficial Preview Round 1 North vs Crows Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can Freo finish second with that hack Neale one of their prime mids ??!!
Because all the other Freo Mids are over 190cm .....Neale is hard to find on the ground at his height ....carries the cloak of invisibility

Having Charlie out injured and Menzel probably not getting a round one birth really changes our forward dynamic. Round 1 definitely wont be our strongest team for the year. I've put together a mock team..Cheney get's in to take on Zeibal.

Attachments

• In team.pdf
    298 KB · Views: 3
IMO Hawthorn and WCE pick themselves and you throw a blanket over the rest

I'm thinking very much the same, and it's not a cop out but it's so hard to predict.

Swans look older and slower and more average each passing year, they have very little run and carry on the outside which is a worry. Freos structures and discipline should hold them in good stead for the season, but come finals will crumble. North finish high cos there's just no one else to take their spot right now.

Port have looked very average in the NAB again. It's only NAB yes, but they just don't look like their executing their game plan properly and are too exposed down back too often. Dogs have the talent, but are still young and have a tough draw, same with us. Richmond are frauds of the highest order. GWS will probably sneak in.

Who know what's gonna happen this year...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe we can orchestrate a trade of whipping boys, we'll take McKay, you can have Sam Gibson.

Both of whom shouldn't be getting games for their respective sides.

At least McKay has some pace and skill.
yeah sam gibson sucks. suuuurely not as bad as mackay. surely he can at least tackle and try and make a defensive effort

Kingy is trolling Richmond, has to be.

He trolled Essendon last year after round 2 where he suggested they have a premiership squad.

A year later they are $1.10 for the spoon and most people would consider that overs.
I used to respect the guy early on in his fox footy days. He's just out of control now with his predictions.

you do realise that you are getting worked up on pure speculation with absolutely nothing to back it up.

This is how rumours get out of control and end up damaging clubs, you have supported the musings of another poster who has no evidence to back that comment up, nothing, nanda, nilch.

soon enough we are going to have a number of posters who will be posting what was said as fact because they have read it twice in bigfooty.

Then it gets to blokes like Rucci who puts in a newspaper, we all know that in SA if it is in a paper people give it more credence, even though the Advertiser is no more than bigfooty with an editor

Once it is there, you get bottom feeders like the Saturday Sport show talking about it, callers calling in complaining about it. What makes it worse is the AFC will rightly rubbish the concept, but that only stokes the fire, because by commenting on it, they put in some peoples head that it is still a possibility (you know boys club and all that rubbish that gets talked about on here)

then by seasons end, every time a player is selected that someone on here doesn't agree with, they blame it on this unknown person with a greater influence than they should have.

All this does is create tension out of something that doesn't even exist in the first place.

The worst part is, we have posters on here who alredy thing Pyke can't to his job because if you did think he could do his job,you wouldn't bother entertaining such fanciful rubbish.
Best post I've seen on here in a long long time, well done sir.:thumbsu:

Both sides will probably go into this game with only one player on their injury list. Not often that happens.

Although our list of players who are returning from injury is much bigger than theirs and for round 1 is probably no better than being injured as they will be playing SANFL.

For us

Charlie Cameron Knee Test
Tom Doedee Knee Test
Mitch Grigg Thigh Available
Curtly Hampton Foot 6 - 8 weeks
Ricky Henderson Back Test
Riley Knight Ankle Test
Andy Otten Knee Test

for them

Shaun Higgins Knee Test
Robbie Tarrant Back Test
Ed Vickers-Willis Shoulder 6-8 weeks

This game is hard to predict. .. kerridge is no longer playing for us. Nah still think we should win. Our noticeable faster ball movement will be too much for their retiring village legs.

Five days to go! Six months has gone rather fast - I guess my memory is comparing it to the extra-long off-season last year, which had a September grand final followed by the Cricket World Cup.

To be honest, that semi final against Hawthorn hurt and the confirmation of Danger's defection hurt too. So did the release of the draw. But the scars have largely healed and I harbour lots of hope for the season. This year, I feel, will be a stepping stone - getting by without our leading midfielder and implementing a new game plan.

I was sitting on the wing for this game & **** me you guys were loud, especially when the boys came out at the beginning, was louder than any of the dogs fans at the game that's for sure.
Pretty sure we had more fans there that night!
the one thing I've noticed since I've been over here is how well attended our Victorian games are. I don't think we've ever outnumbered any other teams supporters, but judging by the noise made we've come close

the one thing I've noticed since I've been over here is how well attended our Victorian games are. I don't think we've ever outnumbered any other teams supporters, but judging by the noise made we've come close

One word.

Modra

We've got a lot of crows supporters in Melb due to him. Everyone loved full forwards in the 90s, Mods was the best to watch IMO, I honestly think we'll have a 50/50 crowd this Saturday due to norths poor attendance and the long weekend with all the Adelaide based supporters coming down + the Vic crow supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back